I've Taken the Plunge!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldman555

Thanks very much for everybody's help and advice on this forum. I have handed over the readies for my 54 plate C55 in black with grey leather interior........ IT is coming at the weekend and I am SOOOOOO excited:bannana:

I will post some pics as soon as I get my mitts on it..

Now for the modifications:D

I've read on some of the American forums about removing the resonator to make the sublime exhaust sound louder.... and it all seems a little bit complicated cutting bits off etc etc

Can't you buy some sort of bolt on pipe that bypasses the resonator? I don't really want to go and replace the exhaust for an aftermarket one if it can be helped..

Congratulations on your new car , and the health to wear it

Congrats, look forward to the pictures. I would obviously give you detailed advice on the resonator, if only I knew what one was!

Great news.

Bet you will not sleep now.....

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. You can easily remove the resonator by taking it to an exhaust garage or something, ask them to cut it out and replace it with a pipe. It will sound absolutely beautiful and really raw. I've done it to mine and i love it, and i've only got 4 cylinders! with 8 it would sound GOOD :), also it wont be much louder i dont even notice mine at cruising speeds, its when i floor it i can hear it roar

Last edited:
I think you'll find that the 'resonator' is, correct me if I'm wrong someone, the middle box. Cut it out and put a piece of straight pipe in instead.

And enjoy your new MB!!

Welcome to the V8 club. Not quite sure by what you mean. If you mean 'resonator delete' think they are referring to removing the secondary cats and putting a straight pipe just before the Y pipe? The exhaust sound from a C55 i should imagine will be louder. If you are interested in increasing the noise of a C55 might be better to go for Kleemann Headers and downpipes which will not only give you the noise level you want but an increase in HP as well. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Thanks Tudu!!

Louder is what I am after.

Where about do you get Kleeman stuff from in the uk?

Thanks Tudu!!

Louder is what I am after.

Where about do you get Kleeman stuff from in the uk?

Here's some other ideas for you. Change interior to Birds Eye Maple, steering wheel with paddle shift rather than the buttons, AMG Shifter - ebay.

I have the link somewhere and will try and find it. If you go to google box just type in Kleemann it will take you to their site. I have Steen's email somewhere as well - Kleemann UK

K8.jpg

K27.jpg

CKlee8.jpg

Is that gear knob fitted right?

Well spotted. Chrome ring needs pushing down onto the gaiter, was cleaning the car and forgot to push it back on.

Interior looks great Tudu, your 100% right on with the Birds Eye trim. The steering wheel also looks the business. Cracking car that, I can see why your so reluctant to move out of it.....:cool:

Mark.

Interior looks great Tudu, your 100% right on with the Birds Eye trim. The steering wheel also looks the business. Cracking car that, I can see why your so reluctant to move out of it.....:cool:

Mark.

Thanks Mark.

Goldman555 - How are you getting on. If you need Steen's email at Kleemann UK let me know.

Congrats on your new purchase. I bought a 55 plate C55 a month ago - i still can't keep the grin off my face! Happy to swap notes on C55 ownership!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom