Ivory Heater Dials.

Discussion in 'Interior' started by smiff, Aug 18, 2004.

1. smiff

smiff Member

Car:
    C200
    Koolvin/Anyone!

Help.

Bought the ivory heater dials, but could do with some advice on how to fit them. I've had the control unit out and stripped. Did you just cut the original displays off the front and glue/bodge the new ones on? :(

Not sure what to do now, so I've put it all back together.

(And I think I've got the direction dial out of synch, cos I can't get it to blow on the screen now) :eek:

Cheers folks.

Stewart.

2. Koolvin

Koolvin Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    W168, W169 & S202
    you did not need to take out the whole control unit! just pull the control knobs off and remove the existing guide - push the new one on and re-fit the knobs.

3. OP
    OP
    smiff

smiff Member

Car:
    C200
    Nuts. Must be a different design! - On mine the plastic heater symbol plate is bonded into the black plastic frame of the heater control unit - it's a very integral part :(
    There's no way they will come off. (Or do you mean remove the logo sticker from the back of the new part and replace only the stick-on logo's?)

Mine's a late 96 model, just before the facelift.

Regards, confused of Hartlepool.

4. grasmere

grasmere Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    MB C220 D 1996
    sounds as though it will look great, can you do us a picture once its done please Smiff ?