Jack and stand in one action

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MancMike

These are cool.

We've all experience the problem where you put your trolley jack on the jacking point, lift the corner, then what? Where to put the axle stand? There's no other jacking point nearby.

These stands go over your trolley jack, and you lift the car, then slot the pins in place, then release the jack ready for the next corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqXIrSVQ3ts

[YOUTUBE]yqXIrSVQ3ts[/YOUTUBE]

Neat.

I use a .5" extension bar in the jack tube and lift the car on that. Then slip the axle stand under the jack pad.

Sent from my iPhone using sausage fingers.

The jacking point on my car at least is only big enough for either the stand or the jack, I can't get both on it.

These would be really convenient, but I don't venture under cars much anymore for them to be a practical investment. (even if they are available over here, not looked).

Stands look flimsy if I'm honest. Besides clearance requirement contact area is smaller, which must make it harder to position. Make me think that there is nothing wrong with axle stands :dk:

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

They're each rated to take way more weight than they'll ever be subject to. :dk:

Rated they might be, the question is: would you trust those welds with your life?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well, yeah. I'm sure they're each tested before leaving the factory. What company would make something like this and not make sure it's not going to fail? One failure would ruin them.

That stand is probably made in China!
The floor jack (trolley jack is Chinese)

In the US lifting equipment does not have to be certified its supplier voluntary and as a shop professional i wouldn't go anywhere near stuff like this .
All my stuff has to have a label of certification by ANSI.

With all that stated to lift the vehicle by the pinch weld section of the sill (rocker panel US term) is OK (I suppose) for a road side tyre /wheel change but supporting the car while you skud about underneath it is scary!

I would give that a firm thumbs down!:fail
Furthermore an Irish catlick benediction for the tempted user !.
Spectacles, testacles, Wallet and Watch--(watch out!)
Tuercas Viejas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom