"Jackass" star dies in car accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timk

Car
VW Passat Alltrack, E39 BMW M5, Mercedes C55 AMG Wagon
"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn and an unidentified passenger killed at the wheel of his 911 GT3 last night in Philadelphia. It seems excessive alcohol may have been a factor.

Jackass star Ryan Dunn dies in car accident

"Ryan Dunn, who will forever be known for sticking a Hot Wheels car up his own ass in the movie "Jackass," and another as-of-yet-unidentified person, both died in a crash outside of Philadelphia early this morning"

....help me with this one, are they saying they don't know who's ass that he stuck a Hot Wheels car up or..................?

Tchchhh, newspaper journalists.

Baby Swallows Fly.

And his new video game was due to be released soon

Last edited by a moderator:
"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn and an unidentified passenger killed at the wheel of his 911 GT3 last night in Philadelphia. It seems excessive alcohol may have been a factor.

Jackass star Ryan Dunn dies in car accident

Excessive alcohol means he was still a "Jackass" then doesn't it?:D No sympathy for a piss head driving killing themselves passenger should have known better than get in a car with someone under the influence

As someone else said. From this

dunn+tumblr.jpg

To this:

RyanDunn+Crash+Eric+Lewis.jpg

m.

What an objectionable thread. The guy's not buried yet and you are all criticising him based on internet rumour & conjecture

I think a reality check is in order

Nick Froome

What an objectionable thread. The guy's not buried yet and you are all criticising him based on internet rumour & conjecture

Nick Froome

He has previous for drink driving so assumption is a fair game.

Nick Froome

The pic above was from his own Twitter account earlier that evening. There are others showing him with pints of stout etc too.

Conjecture yes but a great leap of logic? Not so much.

m.

Nick Froome

"Internet rumour and conjecture" would be taking the content of a Twitter feed as fact. However, the information linked in here (and this story is also on the BBC web site) is factual information provided by reliable news agencies.

Accordingly, it seems we have here a Drink Driver who was driving extremely fast (as evidenced by the tangled wreck that was once a Porsche 911) and who killed not only himself but also an innocent passenger. Plenty there to criticise in my opinion.

Should we take a more indulgent view of Fred West because he killed himself? I am not really sure what your point is..:dk:

A good entertainer, made me laugh a fair few times.

Fair enough he wasn't the smartest kid on the block and not exactly a role model but he was good entertainment.

nice to see sympathetic people on here, regardless of the cause of death, the build up to the accident it's still a sad story.

I feel for his friends and family, evidently the kid has problems...

EDIT

i mean HAD problems.

Last edited:
I feel for his friends and family too. Also the emergency services.

A little story (true)

A (not close) friend of my daughters, 18 years old iirc was killed a few years ago in Warwick - Emscote road at the Tesco bridge for those who know it - the car took off and hit a tree.

Tusns out he was doing over 80mph, and was over the limit in his X5 (who the hell gives an 18 year old an X5?)

My take on it was (is) that if you drive down the Emscote road (30mph limit) at over 80, pi$$ed, there's a good chance someone is going to get killed. We should be grateful it didn't involve anyone else.

I also take a view that everything we do in life has a risk.
If I ride my bike, there is a greater risk of being hurt in an accident than if I drive my car.
If I choose to ride without leathers, or a crash helmet - I am an intelligent (I hope) adiult. I have assessed the risk and am prepared to take it. My close family understand and respect my decisions.

On this occasion there was
A young male
a powerful car
excessive speed
drink

To me, that is living on the edge. Too close to the edge. You can only do that so many times before someone gets hurt/killed. I therefore have no sympathy whatsoever for him, but my heart goes out to those who are affected by his death and the manner in which he chose to die.

If just one person learns from his mistake, at least some good will come out of this.

Last edited:
'Jackass' was aimed at my generation when it came out and for the life of me I could never work out why people found a bunch of immature d1ckheads funny?

Another recommendation for a Darwin award.....

Schadenfreude.

Laughing at idiots hurting themselves.

It has been with us since someone in furry knickers and bad hair first said -

"When I nod my head you hit it okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom