Jacking point with trolley jack - W204 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hairy Boy

Car
C250 AMG Sport Plus Estate (W204)
Looking to get some winter wheels/tyres and self-fit to my 2013 W204 AMG Sport Plus Estate.

Going to pickup a trolley jack to make the job easier, where should I be jacking given the trolley jack head won't fit the scissor jack head point properly ?

Thanks in advance for any advance.

Under the diff at the back.

At the front there is a block between engine and gearbox for jacking.

I'd opt for a new low profile jack in conjunction with a "reverse logic" jack pad and use the approved jack points in the sill.

Many diffs have an aluminium cooler which really won't take the abuse of a jack.

you can by very cheap jacking pads to fit the jacking sockets.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_t...edes-Benz+Jack+Pad+adapter&_sacat=0&_from=R40

images

Here are some suggested dimensions-- can't vouch for em personally :dk: --- I measured the end of the jack dimensions + the circumference of the trolley jack plate and made one out of some waste hardwood :-

Last edited:
Looking to get some winter wheels/tyres and self-fit to my 2013 W204 AMG Sport Plus Estate.

Going to pickup a trolley jack to make the job easier, where should I be jacking given the trolley jack head won't fit the scissor jack head point properly ?

Thanks in advance for any advance.
Hairy Boy, I know off-topic, but what size of rims did you buy? Was considering a set of rims / winter tyres for my AMG Sport Plus. Thanks.

I had the same question. I bought a cheap (£25?) 2t trolley jack and this fit perfectly with the standard jacking points on the sills. As the jack isn't very long I doubt you'd reach the diff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom