Jaguar I-PACE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love it, looks great, and love that more proper electric cars are hitting the market.

Looks good. "Zero tailpipe emissions" - what tailpipe?! :D

I can certainly understand the draw of 'zero tailpipe emissions' for city dwellers, but for the rest of us the term 'well to wheel' has much more significance to it's overall energy use.
Not to mention the words 'range' and 'infrastructure'

It makes the Tesla’s look very old fashioned - especially the interiors.

looks nice . I didn't see any mention of the price though.

Am keeping my V6 for many years

But that will be on the list as a replacement (depending on what the sh proposition of this / electric cars is like)

Nice !:cool:

Its going to be be built in Austria by MAGNA STEYR the same company that build the Mercedes G wagen

Exciting times for the younger generation, great looking Jag :cool: I'm of the V8 age which will be with me until i hang up my keys :(

What's that rumbling sound? Ah yes, it's William Lyons and William Heynes spinning in their graves.

I know it's the future but damn.

I-Pace vs Tesla (Facebook account might be required)

That live stream presentation consisted of quite a lot of chat but I would recommend the last 20 odd minutes from 40mins on-lots of techy stuff with nary a presenter in sight.;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some blurd from the website

124 mph top speed
0-60in 4.5 seconds

Up to 298 miles WLTP
*WLTP (Worldwide harmonised Light vehicle Test Procedure) is the new process that has been phased in from 2017, which measures fuel, energy consumption, range and emissions in passenger vehicles in Europe. This is designed to provide figures closer to real-world driving behaviour. It tests vehicles with optional equipment and with a more demanding test procedure and driving profile.

For optimum charging at home, you can install an approved Jaguar wallbox*. I‑PACE is equipped with a 7kW single phase AC on-board charger**, which can fully recharge the vehicle overnight and deliver up to 22 miles of range per hour. When using a domestic socket, charging rates are slower than a wallbox (up to 7 miles of range per hour), but are sufficient to cover the average daily commute of 38 miles if the vehicle is charged overnight. Industrial sockets can charge up to 22 miles of range per hour.
*Jaguar have authorised charging infrastructure partnerships for all markets in which I‑PACE is available. Our infrastructure partners are available to advise of the best solutions for you. Please consult your Jaguar Retailer for further information.
**7kW electricity supply is available in most countries.

What's that rumbling sound? Ah yes, it's William Lyons and William Heynes spinning in their graves.

I know it's the future but damn.

Nah! that's probably just the tyre cavity noise you can hear above any engine sound.:rolleyes:
I must say I do like and nice quiet, refined road car, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head around a Jaguar sounding like this given I spend a whole 10% of my life making Jaguars sound like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom