Jaguar Land Rover going for 100% electric. Within 5 years.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had not spotted that bit! What is it with Renault and dodgy leadership...?
Some say "Nissan-Renault power struggle" but if his ideas for Renault were anything like the one he is currently pushing in JLR than I don't see the better reason for kicking him out than going 100% EV in 5 years time tbh.

Just to put this JLR lunacy in some perspective.
Imagine SAS unit in 7 years time have to make a recovery op of British citizens somewhere, but have to postpone the op because the battery of the unit LR is not full and have to wait another 12 hours for it to be charged.

Just to put this JLR lunacy in some perspective.
Imagine SAS unit in 7 years time have to make a recovery op of British citizens somewhere, but have to postpone the op because the battery of the unit LR is not full and have to wait another 12 hours for it to be charged.

So you're thinking they'll be using electric helicopters in 7 years time? Are LR planning to make those?

Does the U.K. military even buy British any more? I can’t really imagine the new Defender being suitable for the military, unless they plan on a shopping trip to Peter Jones.

Lets hope they do a bit better in the design department than the dreadful I-Pace. What an eyesore they are. Look like an oversized Austin Princess imho.

Lets hope they do a bit better in the design department than the dreadful I-Pace. What an eyesore they are. Look like an oversized Austin Princess imho.
I quite liked the look of the Princess!

The iPace doesn’t really excite me though, but I could probably put up with a Taycan.

I quite liked the Princess!
They are a striking design i agree. Wedgetastic but still delicate. I suppose the safety legislation has turned all modern cars into bloated crash protection devices. The Tesla model X beats the Jag I-Pace for being the ugliest electric car i have to admit. 🤮

They are a striking design i agree. Wedgetastic but still delicate. I suppose the safety legislation has turned all modern cars into bloated crash protection devices. The Tesla model X beats the Jag I-Pace for being the ugliest electric car i have to admit. 🤮

My father survived a head-on collision in an Austin Princess. The car was a writeoff. He walked.

They were odd cars even in their day. Transverse 6 cylinder engine in the 2.2 version and linked hydragas suspension. They wallowed a bit but were comfortable if you were a passenger. ISTR that power steering wasn't standard on the 1800 version.

Couldn’t the threads bashing EV’s be kept in one place?

Can see how it might work for Jaguar, but not LR - large heavy SUVs are not well suited, and will not work for workhorses, or those that tow anything. That said, Jaguar looking increasingly dead in the water without it as they are just not selling enough saloons......

I read somewhere that they are investing in Hydrogen as a fuel cell power source. I do hope so as batteries are beyond useless as a power source for Vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom