Jaguar metamorphs into Mercedes!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

portzy

MB Enthusiast
Car
An SLK R171 with lots of toys and a Golf Plus for fishing.
A few months ago I /we moved offices from a dump to something rather more plush. The up-shot being that all our cars are in a proper car park instead of spread all over the shop in various places. We have the usual collection of what you might call Directors with thier own dedicated parking places and they all drive, or rather now drove, company supplied Jaguars.

I get into work very early to beat the traffic and I allways blag a spot right next to the directors 'reserved' places. Imagine my curiosoity as, on the first few mornings after our move, I noticed said 'Directors' milling around my self financed Mercedes and having what can only be described as an enthusiastic discussion. I walk over, they discover it belongs to me, (a relative 'pleb' in the scheme of things) and its twenty questions time!!!, oh, and also a hint of the green eyed monster to. I'm not a gloater by the way, far from it, I just do my own thing like everyone else.

Last Monday one of the Jaguars dissapears to be repalced by an.... E220 Elegance. This Monday morning?, ditto, next Monday?, who's betting against the obvious?.

Now I've nothing against Jaguars but, is there something going on here?

Portzy :D

Mercedes have AMG to style their upmarket models, Jaguar have Ford, that says it all.

Gary - Morning portzy

MB's tend to be a bit Pricier to Lease than Jaguars, but envy is a strange factor in decisions. :D :D

Now all you need to do is borrow another Mercedes (or two) from your friends and rotate them every week or so. This will really get things going. ;)
Well Done!
Rgds
Les

DITTRICH said:
Now all you need to do is borrow another Mercedes (or two) from your friends and rotate them every week or so. This will really get things going. ;)
Well Done!
Rgds
Les
Yep, that's the way to do it !! :D :bannana: :D :bannana:

I used to work for a firm of accountants. A new trainee came from a very wealthy family and caused quite a pathetic display of human envy by turning up at a clients premesis in a very well presented XJ12 at the same time as Finance Director of said very mean client was moaning about excessive fees.

Senior Manager on the job told him the realities of life as a very junior bean counter, which in his opinion was somewhere only very slightly higher in the food chain than pond slime. Junior promised not repeat this gaffe again and would use something a bit smaller.

Following day he turned up in Porsche 911 Mummy had lent him. Senior Manager was aghast and ran down to car park to tell him that was not quite what he had in mind. Did his family not have a "normal" car??

Oh yes, responds trainee, but Daddy needed the Range Rover to tow the Horse Box. :D

gary leask said:
Mercedes have AMG to style their upmarket models, Jaguar have Ford, that says it all.

Gary - Morning portzy

Oooops, sorry Gary, "Morning Gary". I Went out without logging out first :eek:.

Portzy.

...Seriously...

1 start with a c-class
2 next s-class (reason c is way too small)
3 next smart (crashed s class - away being mended - nothing else available)
4 SLR (s not sporty enough - slr on approval)
5 and finally a jaguar...(preferably exact same model - and no explanations!)

They will go mental trying to work it all out - guaranteed!

Rgds
Les

Satch said:
I used to work for a firm of accountants. A new trainee came from a very wealthy family and caused quite a pathetic display of human envy by turning up at a clients premesis in a very well presented XJ12 at the same time as Finance Director of said very mean client was moaning about excessive fees.

Senior Manager on the job told him the realities of life as a very junior bean counter, which in his opinion was somewhere only very slightly higher in the food chain than pond slime. Junior promised not repeat this gaffe again and would use something a bit smaller.

Following day he turned up in Porsche 911 Mummy had lent him. Senior Manager was aghast and ran down to car park to tell him that was not quite what he had in mind. Did his family not have a "normal" car??

Oh yes, responds trainee, but Daddy needed the Range Rover to tow the Horse Box. :D

RAOFLMAO hahahahahaha :bannana: :bannana:

I think this thread is quite interesting....

I have always had jap cars....well when you start out in the car ownership..its the best way...reliable, cheap, every sensible geezers got one.....
So one day decided to give the Germans a try....went straight from Honda to MB E class diesel. First of all everyone thought it was a visitors car.....but then they started to read the private plate....sounded like my name...nah...can't be....anyway got caught seen driving it.... One of the senior excecs noticed it was mine and later the top dog knew....anyway several salutes later..i was begininng to think i was in the army or something....now everyone thinks when i complain about finances i'm fibbing....." he won't admit it but he's got plenty".... For crying out loud its a Merc not a bentley....Im mean a BMW of higher spec would cost the same.

Seems like when the rise comes again next year...can't really talk about financial pressures.....and can't tell them i'm leaving for more money......it seems people think you made just cos you own a Mbz.

The envy monster as was mentioned visited me several times...and it was just getting steroetypical of everyone...so I bought another car....a small Honda as a second car. Now they think I'm a gambler or something....or going down in the world....but the other day parked the car next to the top dog's......everyone noticed.....I think the top dog is itching to buy a E55AMG just to burn me....not that it will..its just a car.

People don't like others having the nicer things if they can't themselves.

jag

just remembered looked at the x type at a jag dealer in Stockport I made a comment about the driving position and it being a bit cramped...at which the salesman mention it had the largest boot in its class I responded with "but we don;t drive from the boot do we" :D

our bosses don;t drive they have drivers,most are S class some 7sereries bm,s one was parked up at preston for 2 years while they found a director to fill it...... :eek:

Last edited:
I have 2 stories,

When I first joined the RAF many years ago I was parade with about 1000 others waiting for the big shot to turn up when this little LAC (junior rank)drove up late in this new E type Jag, stopped belore the flag and ran into his place on the parade, everyone jaw dropped it was not the car it was the stunning blonde driving the car that did it.

Again in the RAF but in Germany the Station commander had just bought a second hand merc 200 which was the talk of the station as it was as rusty as hell, anway one day this new SAC cook arrived on the station and parked his brand new 250 merc right beside the boss again big talking point mainly because the guys wife was an exotic dancer from Hamburg thats where his money came from she was a stunner.

Oh the good old days

gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom