Jaguar software update on exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kcsun

Car
SL63 AMG, GLE 350de, RS4
A friend of mine has a Jaguar F type, went in for a service a couple of weeks ago and had the "obligatory" update.
After a few days he realised the pops and bangs from the exhaust seemed muted.
Rang dealer who said part of the update was to make the exhaust more subdued due to PC pressure
They have refused to reinstate the original exhaust map at the present time, I expect this will soon creep to all brands

kc

I had my F-Type serviced in March, had the software update and no difference, have you heard his car? Mine was louder than my neighbours Lamborghini.

The recent trend by manufacturers to try to emulate a carb overfueling on the overrun is inexplicable to me. Normal people assume that the car has simply got a faulty engine, as that kind of thing was engineered out decades ago.

A friend of mine has a Jaguar F type, went in for a service a couple of weeks ago and had the "obligatory" update.
After a few days he realised the pops and bangs from the exhaust seemed muted.
Rang dealer who said part of the update was to make the exhaust more subdued due to PC pressure
They have refused to reinstate the original exhaust map at the present time, I expect this will soon creep to all brands

kc
They are pretty noisy. But .....................I love it :D

Good.

I had my F-Type serviced in March, had the software update and no difference, have you heard his car? Mine was louder than my neighbours Lamborghini.
He had his service about a month ago

kc

This issue re Jaguar F-type exhausts has been reported elsewhere on a number of occasions.

My understanding was to make the car CARB compliant. California Air Resource Board requirements. Its probably JAG's BIGGEST MARKET.
Discussed here

Just read a few of the posts on that thread. Quite a few folk stating they will get rid of the car if they can’t have the noise back. Not sure what to make of that TBH.

A mate had a F type R with an extra obnoxious aftermarket system. I couldn't have put up with it myself.

The whole ‘rice crispies’ exhaust thing leaves me cold anyway. Probably just my age I suppose, but they just sound broken to me.

Just read a few of the posts on that thread. Quite a few folk stating they will get rid of the car if they can’t have the noise back. Not sure what to make of that TBH.

A mate had a F type R with an extra obnoxious aftermarket system. I couldn't have put up with it myself.

The whole ‘rice crispies’ exhaust thing leaves me cold anyway. Probably just my age I suppose, but they just sound broken to me.
I'd imagine that the AMG boys would empathise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom