Jaguar X type estate 2.0D - anybody know about them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG Sean

Car
Chrysler 300c SRT Design CRD
I've written the E39 off and due to 3points, the accident and my postcode I've had to drastically rethink my choice of vehicle - have gone from 197hp w202 v6 c280 to 170hp e39 and after much umming and arring have decided on an x type estate(we are now a family of campers and the A class is brilliant for taking all the gear but it is a bit of a squash for swmbo and the kids) so looking for any first hand experience from you guys of this vehicle

Being Ford Mondeo-based, I've heard that they have a very poor Delphi injection pump. Best avoided it seems...

The boot is really small for an estate car, much smaller than a Mundano.

I considered on of these before I bought the 211 . I was unimpressed with the size of the rear seat and not being able to get an auto box with the 2 litre desiel engine put me right off

I've written the E39 off and due to 3points, the accident and my postcode I've had to drastically rethink my choice of vehicle - have gone from 197hp w202 v6 c280 to 170hp e39 and after much umming and arring have decided on an x type estate(we are now a family of campers and the A class is brilliant for taking all the gear but it is a bit of a squash for swmbo and the kids) so looking for any first hand experience from you guys of this vehicle

Nice cars :) Shares a lot of DNA with a mondeo, but that's no bad thing as the Mondeo is a very good car. Different enough as the cabin is a nice place to be, get the cream leather and it is very nice. Sovereign spec is very good.

Engine is quieter and smoother than a mondeo, there was a lot of work done to improve it over the mondeo. The 2.2 diesel is the newer and nicer of the two diesels.

The boot space is not that great, but it's not much better in a 3 series etc. Interior space as mentioned not the best, sits 4 comfortably.

One thing that really put me off was that there is no where for you to put your left foot when cruising, glaring omission. Most diesels have their issues these days and the x-type is no better/worse than any other.

Hello

My Brother had a 2.0d Sport estate and did around 100k miles in it, the car had various problems including gearbox and elctrics not working...However

Some cars in between then a new job and he had a 2.0d sport saloon. This has just gone and with 170K miles on it had very very little go wrong at all and was a very good car.

I had a 2.2 in 2007 for a few months, handling was excellent, performance strong with reasonable but not great economy. It lacked room though, had hard seats and some nasty plastic trim but was well put together, the worst failing was the lack of auto (but thats fixed now) and horrific depreciation (but you might appreciate that) . Mine had an engine problem resulting in it going to Jag in Coventry for a cure, when it was away they stupidly loaned my wife a W211...so within a week of its return the Jag was traded for a W211 estate and thats going tomorrow for a W212. BTW the W211 wasnt a paragon of reliability and I was glad to have the extended warranty but as a load lugger its streets ahead of the X Type. have you looked at a Skoda Superb (Mondeo is also an option)?

Changed tack and started looking at older cars due to the insurance issues I've got and was pointed in the direction of the Rover 75, I'd discounted it completely.

I've got one and only 2 days in but I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom