Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesDriver

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t X260; Mini Cooper R50
After many years of MBs and having to scratch an itch I’ve paid the deposit on new for me Jaaaag XF Sportbrake 25t with 8k miles. It is a 2.0 petrol with 250 bhp and 8 speed automatic gearbox in what I still call Tanzanite blue colour with black leather interior and dark wood veneer. Could have gone for the contrasting black out/white in combo but the head prevailed (read Mrs) as with two kids and the dog that white would become grey in no matter of time.
The anticipation of its delivery next week is now becoming agonizing but on the other hand it leaves me enough time for getting to know more about all those new for me systems and features, a lot to read for the next few days :D
Dealers photos which tbh doesn’t do justice the car deserves. Once delivered I’ll do my photoshoot.
1EA559E6-C80F-433D-AF0D-56BFD596514A.jpegA679A939-E267-4E7B-995D-862BAB87C6C3.jpeg33B39204-2E95-4EFA-9047-4995C457510B.jpeg

I love it. I'd have one if I could fit it down my drive and in my garage. Both a no, no. I've had 3 jags, my last one an xe and that was a very tight squeeze width wise I can't go wider. I love jags more than mercs but size is an issue at the moment. It looks a beauty

I love it. I'd have one if I could fit it down my drive and in my garage. Both a no, no. I've had 3 jags, my last one an xe and that was a very tight squeeze width wise I can't go wider. I love jags more than mercs but size is an issue at the moment. It looks a beauty
Thanks Sarah. It will be my first Jag and tbh it was the first time I ever sat in one. It's somehow different when compared with MB. Not an MB but also not a BMW or Audi. It is very, lets say conservative but at the same time very brutal. Deffo new experience for me.

I'm a big fan of them. My partner at the time used to have to watch me in and out of my long drive between walls as it's too narrow for the mirrors out with the xe and now he isn't here, I'm afraid I couldn't get one in and out without the mirrors. If I move house, I would definitely go back to jaguar. I had an xtype estate that i loved and when they said that they were stopping production of them, I treated myself to a brand new xtype saloon in silver. I only got rid of it because we needed a 4x4 for where I used to live. I got a firenze red xe when I came to live here that I really loved but I chose the wrong engine. It was only a 2.0D 180 bhp. It was the rsport so looked a lot faster than it was. I should have got the petrol. I didnt realise that folding back seats were an option (that wasn't on mine) so couldn't get my golf stuff in it. It got a lot of attention in that colour. Lots of people would comment at the fuel station or when it was parked up. I loved the pop up gear selector. They've stopped putting those in now.
I'm sure you will love it. I would haha

Oh, and errrrr, well, consider changing you name. 😁

I hope you enjoy your new Jaguar without any faults !
After working within a Jaguar Main Dealer back in the late 70,s early 80,s I yearned to own a Jaguar some day.
That dream was fulfilled about 6 years ago with a lovely low mileage 21k 3.0 XF Premium Luxury
Sadly less than three years later and after getting ripped off by my local Jaguar main dealer and the issue with door corrosion badly handled by JLR I became very disillusioned with the mark.
Ironically just weeks after getting all four doors replaced my XF was written off by a VW golf which amazingly was repaired and is now back on the road.
I moved to Mercedes with the purchase of my CLS Shooting Brake with just 700 miles on the clock.
Impressed with Mercedes I added a stunning 2004 350 SL which had done just 7600 miles.
Both cars have been virtually faultless since purchasing them and I look forward to this horrid Covid situation coming to an end and getting back out on the road to enjoy them.

I hope you enjoy your new Jaguar without any faults !
After working within a Jaguar Main Dealer back in the late 70,s early 80,s I yearned to own a Jaguar some day.
That dream was fulfilled about 6 years ago with a lovely low mileage 21k 3.0 XF Premium Luxury
Sadly less than three years later and after getting ripped off by my local Jaguar main dealer and the issue with door corrosion badly handled by JLR I became very disillusioned with the mark.
Ironically just weeks after getting all four doors replaced my XF was written off by a VW golf which amazingly was repaired and is now back on the road.
I moved to Mercedes with the purchase of my CLS Shooting Brake with just 700 miles on the clock.
Impressed with Mercedes I added a stunning 2004 350 SL which had done just 7600 miles.
Both cars have been virtually faultless since purchasing them and I look forward to this horrid Covid situation coming to an end and getting back out on the road to enjoy them.
I hope too that it will serve me well. Just wanted something different this time and after the test drive I got hooked to its awkwardness and so non-German design. Still doing a lot of reading and trying to familiarise with it before delivery next week. One thing I know I will be missing is the foot parking pedal and I think that will be the hardest thing to get used to. After 18 months in Mini I’m still trying to find it with left foot. :oops: Some habits just don't fade away.

I looked at them but went with the XFS 3.0d as my daily driver had it 3 yrs now and i wouldn't sell it ,fantastic car 20190521 115403 — Postimages]
20190521-115403.jpg
[/url]shell stations in my area

I looked at them but went with the XFS 3.0d as my daily driver had it 3 yrs now and i wouldn't sell it ,fantastic car 20190521 115403 — Postimages]
20190521-115403.jpg
[/url]shell stations in my area
Nice. Is that oyster interior I’m seeing?
I would have gone for a saloon but the dog dictates the size of a car
:dk:

Short report after first 7 days of driving a Jaaag and 400 miles in it.
With now eased travel restrictions the girls were insisting to take them to the seaside (I didn't resist much), so we made a trip on Monday to a lovely Dorset coast.
The car is really a nice place to be in. The seats are phenomenal, very confortable and provide fantastic back support. The infotainment system is great and intuitive, I only don’t understand why it shows only CNN and Reuters breaking news. :dk:

It took me a while to figure out that standard driving mode is NOT for motorways as the car was very wallowy and even the Mrs commented that it doesn’t drive like a Merc. Switching it to a Dynamic mode sorted it immediately as it stiffens the suspension, the gear changes become faster, steering becomes more accurate and heavier and the dials change the colour to red. :eek: All above completely transforms the car (particularly the red lit dials) and what is normally a kitten becomes a rabies infected Jaguar. It is really a fast car. Note to myself: Pay attention to speed limits.
What is missing:
-The analog clock on the dashboard. The digital one is too small and not so easy to read.
-The power socket in the front glovebox. I have nowhere to plug the dashcam.
So far very pleased with car.

Short report after first 7 days of driving a Jaaag and 400 miles in it.
With now eased travel restrictions the girls were insisting to take them to the seaside (I didn't resist much), so we made a trip on Monday to a lovely Dorset coast.
The car is really a nice place to be in. The seats are phenomenal, very confortable and provide fantastic back support. The infotainment system is great and intuitive, I only don’t understand why it shows only CNN and Reuters breaking news. :dk:

It took me a while to figure out that standard driving mode is NOT for motorways as the car was very wallowy and even the Mrs commented that it doesn’t drive like a Merc. Switching it to a Dynamic mode sorted it immediately as it stiffens the suspension, the gear changes become faster, steering becomes more accurate and heavier and the dials change the colour to red. :eek: All above completely transforms the car (particularly the red lit dials) and what is normally a kitten becomes a rabies infected Jaguar. It is really a fast car. Note to myself: Pay attention to speed limits.
What is missing:
-The analog clock on the dashboard. The digital one is too small and not so easy to read.
-The power socket in the front glovebox. I have nowhere to plug the dashcam.
So far very pleased with car.
Dynamic mode on motorways could prove to be expensive as the RPM rises compared to standard.

Glad you are enjoying it. I always had to drive my bmw 330d estate in sport as the steering felt awful in comfort.
I love Jags, just wish my drive and garage were wider and I'd have another

Today I took her out after dark for the first time and the cat really surprised me how well dressed she is for the nights.
Illumination of centre console, doors and sill treadplates is astonishing.
BAEDACFB-4F64-4ACE-B1C6-76797D36F807.jpeg
D6A4BBCB-B639-4A36-8FBD-2BE42C4E3D84.jpeg
6BDF6E04-4DFA-4348-924C-5335101F1521.jpeg
11A3AF0A-AAC8-4B02-B432-325E2974F1F4.jpeg
And my favourite: Back light colour change of dials from white/blue to red/red for Dynamic driving mode. Childish I know 🤷🏼
Standard mode:
29F1E4E5-C0A5-4781-9D13-551B8536EF3A.jpeg
Dynamic mode, Grrrrrrrr 🐆
C3831AF7-D365-441B-ADE9-DA903CB957B2.jpeg

1st month update.
I’ve started getting used to XF as it drives so different than E class. The steering is very precise, the power delivery is instant and all outside noises are well isolated until you reach 4500 rpm. That’s when the cat really transforms to a beast that will chop your head, legs and use your arms as a toothpick. Whatever the engineers in Wolverhampton did hats off to them.
I know I’m comparing turbo petrol with turbo diesel but this Jag engine doesn’t hesitate one instance to rev from 1000 rpm to red when in Sport mode. It is so easy to forget that it is 2 ton estate and brings back memories of W215 I had years ago. 😁
With the materials used for the interior I have somewhat divided opinions. The veneer for the trim, suede headlining and the leather for the seats and upper fascia are of top quality I haven’t seen with any German OEM but the quality of lower plastic parts doesn’t follow the suit. It doesn’t rattle and is not wearing soft type of plastics but it just doesn’t look to be of the same standard they applied for the leather. If not cleaned regularly once a week it would let the car big time. It’s that type of plastic that picks up just everything.
Space wise, it’s big with a lot of shoulder room at the front and in the back leg room is huge. Not huge in Skoda Superb terms but still much bigger than in E class. Boot is not as big as in S212 and this might be the biggest struggle I’ll have with XF. I’ve already started thinking how to chop off the dog cage in order to fit it in the back. It is feasible but still pain in the ... for having to do it.
The fuel economy is acceptable for what it is. For city commute it brings back 24mpg and on open roads it gives me 37mpg.
I guess I will get better fuel consumption as the time passes and I stop playing around in Sport mode when on A and B roads.
With the easing of restrictions we’ll have much more freedom to travel around the country and I’m looking forward to hitting the road again in XF.

I had to look back to see which engine you had i love mine they are very capable motor's and a lovely place to be glad your enloying it,mines the 275bhp diesel 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom