Jaguar XJ Coupes from the 70s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A bit off-topic, but I hope you'll forgive me...

The 4.2 straight-6 against the V12 E-Type argument is a close call. I have had a bit of a dice with a mate in his V12, and he probably had the legs on me getting to silly speeds, but not until then.

Plus at a lovely tight cloverleaf style intersection, I left him for dead around the 270-degree off-ramp!

Mine is 43 years old now, and it gets left alone for very long spells. But it has so far never ever failed to fire up on the first pull of the starter. To me, that's reliability.

Mine is 43 years old now, and it gets left alone for very long spells. But it has so far never ever failed to fire up on the first pull of the starter. To me, that's reliability.

pics please!

You'll have to dress appropriately if you do get one...:rolleyes:

jaguar_xj_bigcat_b1.jpg

You'll have to dress appropriately if you do get one...:rolleyes:

jaguar_xj_bigcat_b1.jpg

^^^ That looks ace!!

vvv You can see where they got the inspiration for the Bertone Jaguar concept

images

Great clip!! Lovely wheels too.

Great clip!! Lovely wheels too.

Not just for show, either, it seems:

"With his vintage Bentley (as used in The Avengers) now consigned to his garage, Steed could be seen driving a wide-bodied Jaguar XJ Coupe. And according to Dave Matthews' excellent New Avengers website, it wasn't just the bodywork which had been altered: apparently this was a genuine racing Jaguar capable of almost 200mph, and requiring a great deal of skill to drive tidily."

Not just for show, either, it seems:

"With his vintage Bentley (as used in The Avengers) now consigned to his garage, Steed could be seen driving a wide-bodied Jaguar XJ Coupe. And according to Dave Matthews' excellent New Avengers website, it wasn't just the bodywork which had been altered: apparently this was a genuine racing Jaguar capable of almost 200mph, and requiring a great deal of skill to drive tidily."
And if the experience of the Broadspeed V12 Coupes is anything to go by it would have needed a great deal of mechanical skill to keep it running too !

My ex girlfriends father had a jaguar 5.3 XJ coupe from new as well as his xjs V12 convertible, Proteus C Type Replica, XJRS and XKR convertible,

I just bought two of these. A 5.3C with a chevy small block conversion (common here) and a proper v12.

It should be fun restoring them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom