JAGUAR XJ12 6.0 V12, 2 Doors, Automatic,. classic car. 1993 L Reg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can buy an XJ-S cheaply for a reason. The V12 is not the most robust engine in the world and 20 year-old Jaguar electronics are a whole list of problems waiting to happen. They weren't that great when they were new.

The XJ-S's time will come but it's still in the bargain bin at the moment.

This is a nicer V12 classic Jaaaag.

I had a 4.2litre one of these and it was like driving your lounge. Wafting around with a slushmatic, people let you out at junctions and wave you serenely on your way.

Unfortunately it rusted like a Mercedes.

This one looks like a nice one though - I'd put my money on these becoming classics before the XJS.

Jaguar SOVEREIGN V12 AUTO 1986 | eBay

Those last two are what I call 'proper' Jaguars.

I like subsequent incarnations but they filter out more of this classic look with each incarnation (even if they do become more reliable and refined).

What's with the Barry Boy 'L6LTR' typeface on the XJS number plate... :dk:

How to ruin a car for £30.

Proper Jaguars indeed. The SIII was the last real one IMO.

I think they still look lovely. Filling them with fuel was shocker though, both tanks!

I bet you'd get close to £150 in one of those these days.

Here's another nice one but a 4.2 which is actually a better all round car.

Still the smoothest engined I've ever driven, silky!

JAGUAR XJ6 4.2 AUTO SALOON - OUTSTANDING CONDITION !! | eBay

I use to have one of these series 3's about 8 years ago - I bought it for £400 and absolutely loved it.

The missus, however, didn't share my enthusiasm and named it Christine as things seemed to go wrong with it when only she was in it, like the time we were on the fast lane of the motorway and the tank refused to switch across after the the first ran out of fuel! I had loss of power so I whacked the button with my fist and all of a sudden it cut across. Was a brown trouser moment!

I sold it about 18 months later for £300 as I couldn't afford to run it at 12mpg around town!

I'd have another one though and that ones a beaut C220!

A friend has had a Daimler XJ LWB 4.0, XJR I6, XJR V8 (sorry not too familiar with the proper names). All great European touring wafting cars, the LWB was especially comfortable.

When I was a teenager a friends father had a Daimler Double Six Coupe. Very refined.

When I was a teenager a friends father had a Daimler Double Six Coupe. Very refined.

A beautiful looking car and only now do they seem to be creeping up in value.

For me, Jaguar Series II and Series III were the finest (I noticed my last post creeped in after an XJS which I am not so keen on), then followed by the X308 (I prefer the V8 engines) although I have a soft spot for the blown turqouise XJ6.

When I was looking at an X308 XJR, I considered the Daimler Super 8 instead as they are a bit more scarce.

The seats are armchair-tastic.

The seats are armchair-tastic.

What that man says.

At the time they were rated above Rolls Royce for ride quality.

They really are old Gentleman's smoking club leather Chesterton comfortable.

I'd have another SIII Sovereign like a shot.

One of the few cars that I would consider changing for my W124 Cabriolet is the run out special edition of the XJS Convertible, called the Celebration, in either metallic blue or Metallic red with Magnolia hide....

Very classy looking cars....

How about this - £500 the right colours.

Looking very slightly tired but still very useable. I can't think of a better way to spend £500.

You can own a Jag for 30 days hire of a C63!

1985 JAGUAR SOVEREIGN 4.2 AUTO GREEN | eBay

Bargain. Always remember being a nipper (I was 10 in 1985) and being astonished at the size of the engine in them. Not many cars of that era with that size of engine had it stuck on the back...

Jaguar XJR 4.0 Supercharged 68000 Miles Very Rare 12 Months MOT NO RESERVE!!!!!! | eBay

I was watching this car but missed out thinking it would go for more money than £1500!! seems like someone got an excellent buy.

It's more this colour which I quite fancy:

Jaguar : MINT CONDITION!! JAGUAR XJR 4.0 SUPERCHARGED N15 XJR (NIG XJR?)

I'm not sure it is quite the same as the other one - which is a little bit more green I think?

I had a 1984 Series 3 Sovereign HE (5.3 V12). Absolutely superb drive and comfort - but rust buckets.
Conversely, I had a 1988 XJS (5.3 V12 again), TWR lowered suspension and body kit - dreadful car I thought.
What I love about my S320 is that the acceleration feels soooo much like the Series 3 (but without eating colossal ammounts of fuel:)).
But I did love the V12 - 3 speed box - it accelerated and just kept on going.

Lots of Jags at the Devon owners club meet today. Some nice stuff on show..
Barbican Jaguars | Facebook

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom