Jaguar XJ220 Review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
Discuss.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Love the way he gets worked up about the ignition key from an F reg Ford Orion. He says it's hard to get into, many old supercars are (Countach !!) but look at him !! he is 7ft 13 inches tall FFS :p !

All the way through he says 'Jagwaaar' , then when he reads the name off the back of the car he pronounces the 'U'...then promptly forgets it again !

Question for the one and only XJ220 expert on here, why only KM/H on this particular car speedo ? and why to the gauges appear to be reading when we can't here the engine running , or is that just lanky blokes video editing ?

I have to take his point about the radio antenna :D.

This guy is obviously having fun and not taking himself too seriously which (almost) makes up for his annoying voice and the fact that he said 'XJ220' about a 1000 times in short order.

Not pretty.
I know that comment wont be appreciated but it's never been the prettiest of cars and that is an attribute kinda required for a supercar. Granted aero priorities may have intervened but aesthetically to my eyes it just doesn't wow me. Had it been prettier, no doubt (in my mind) it would have sold better.

It may not be a wedge shaped red Italian but I still think it’s a very handsome car and as a young kid I remember looking at it in awe along with the obvious Ferrari and Lamborghini offerings of the time :cool:

The lack of a V12 engine and the fact it was launched during a recession probably didn’t help sales but I’m not an expert on this matter, nor have I been in a position to buy such a car.

Plenty of uglier sports/super cars out there IMHO.

Not sure I’d want to do 217mph in that.

Not sure I’d want to do 217mph in that.

It always appears to me like bits would drop off it at anything over 130.

Not a huge fan of it either.

It's an iconic car but I preferred the F40.

I’ve got one at home still with delivery mileage.
It’s been sitting on the shelf for years. :rolleyes:

Never has a car so over-promised and under-delivered.

It was announced to much hysteria during the period of Jaguar's successful return to Le Mans and, despite the eye-watering price, demand out-stripped supply as orders flooded in. Apparently, if you were lucky enough to have your order accepted then you would be quids in before the car was even built since such an immediate "classic" was sure to be worth far more than its list price from day one.

In reality, the car was slow to arrive, the price had rocketed, half of the cylinders had disappeared and cancelled orders meant that the planned number of cars were never built with some examples remaining unsold for several years.

A fine car but never the one that was promised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom