Jaguar XJ220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I could certainly find room for one or two!....but sadly, I don't have the funds.
It's much more cost effective just to borrow one when required :cool:
However, given the upward trajectory of the values, they might just make a good investment.

...but they are common as muck!JaguarXJ-04.jpg
I'm in the bright blue one 7th on the left and the only 800bhp car there!

Those seats 😍😍😍

That dash 🥴🥴🥴
Those seats share the frame with the one's from a BMW Z1. Recaro had already certified it and we just changed the bolsters and trim!
The mirrors come straight from a Citroen CX and the tail lights from a Rover 200.
Have you any idea how much it costs and the time it takes to homologate new stuff like that? I do, and we hadn't got it at the time!

It's his missus!

Now where is that "would you let your missus drive your C63?" :D
My missus was the first female to drive an XJ220 in1991, at MIlbrook, so that would be a 'yes' then!
She complained the clutch was stiff, the steering was hard and the brakes didn't work!
We had used race drivers to develop the car. One of our customers was Petula Clarke and one of my senior development engineers would always counter whatever the racing drivers said with 'What would Petula think?' I guess he was right. :dk:

Is that green one for sale the one-off Pininfarina one? Just reading about it on Wikipedia.

Mactech. Stop piddling around on here, dropping us tid bits and concentrate on writing that bloody book !! (including lot's of photos), signed copies and a small discount for MBclub members of course. :)

Last edited:
You must've got yours about the same time as me then 👍Was from a Sunday supplement I think from memory? I do remember paying for it in instalments :) Mine unfortunately has lost it's door mirrors in numerous house moves 🙁

Is that green one for sale the one-off Pininfarina one? Just reading about it on Wikipedia.
No, it's just a nice example of the 'standard' production car seen through the lens of a very good photographer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom