Jail For Driver Who Filmed Himself At 192mph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Absolutely shocking - that use of main beam is inappropriate...

I'd be interested to know how the police got hold of his phone...

Complete banker. Didn't he know mobile phone use is illegal in cars now?

Definitely don't condone this driving in the uk, BUT he would have got less for murder!

They didn't jail him for that clip but I'd love to see the real evidence :D

A two year ban for encouraging him, that's the bit I find excessive.

But then I was not presented with all the evidence or have years of experience judging cases. ;)

Which clip did they jail him for?

The article refers to multiple video clips, the one linked to doesn't contain enough evidence to convict him as it never shows the driver or any part of him

boxbrownie said:
A two year ban for encouraging him, that's the bit I find excessive. But then I was not presented with all the evidence or have years of experience judging cases. ;)

Yes, I was a bit puzzled by this as well, and I guess there must be more to this. Is there a specific offence of incitement to drive dangerously or something? I've always taken the view that the conduct of the vehicle is the sole responsibility of the driver. Plenty of times I've had the kids saying "go faster, dad!" - but whether or not I do is up to me, no?

The article refers to multiple video clips, the one linked to doesn't contain enough evidence to convict him as it never shows the driver or any part of him

The evidence would have shown him to be in the vicinity of the driver's seat between pub opening and idiot o'clock.

Appallingly poor taste in moozak. Should be jailed just for that alone.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

My immediate thoughts too.

A two year ban for encouraging him, that's the bit I find excessive.

But then I was not presented with all the evidence or have years of experience judging cases. ;)

The law these days has little to do with justice it seems.

Surely part of this scenario is the video recording of such behaviour. Presumably the main purpose of this is to share this experience with others via phone or the internet. Technically this may well have been interpreted as " incitment to break the law" a common law offence ended in 2008 and replaced by the serious crime act of 2007.
Intentionally encouraging or assisting an offence: under section 44 of the Act, someone commits this offence if they engage in an activity that encourages or assists the commission of an offence; and they intend to encourage or assist in its commission.
:dk:

That's the bit I don't understand, the article says "he's not seen in any of the clips and he denied he was driving". There must be some evidence or is it a case of he wouldn't report who was driving so they assume it's him. Isn't that how it works if you're caught on a speed camera?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom