Jail for Murdoch foam flinger...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Talentless self-publicist disrupts (fairly) important Commons proceedings in order to gain notoriety at the public expense, disregarding public safety?
And he only gets three weeks?
Should have let Mrs M take him down, she looked like she wanted to hurt him....

Wouldn't put it past Murdoch International to have engineered the whole thing as a diversion to the whole proceedings
Cue lots of headlines about Wendi Deng's right hook rather than a detailed analysis of R M's testimony. QED

Last edited:
Wouldn't put it past Murdoch International to have engineered the whole thing as a diversion to the whole proceedings
Cue lots of headlines about Wendi Deng's right hook rather than a detailed analysis of R M's testimony. QED

You're delirious. What next? Prince Charles killed Diana? We never landed on the moon? :D

markjay said:
You're delirious. What next? Prince Charles killed Diana? We never landed on the moon? :D

The truth will set you free. Nothing happens in politics by accident. Everything is engineered. HTH

The authorities dont like being made to look asses hence the overreaction.

which muppet police/security 'expert' saw a can of shaving foam and a pack of paper plates when searching the guy and did not realise a latter day phantom flan-flinger of old London town (yes; I realised i have mixed my 1970's characters here) was there to casue mischief? 'That's the one who should be punished.

The authorities dont like being made to look asses hence the overreaction.

which muppet police/security 'expert' saw a can of shaving foam and a pack of paper plates when searching the guy and did not realise a latter day phantom flan-flinger of old London town (yes; I realised i have mixed my 1970's characters here) was there to casue mischief? 'That's the one who should be punished.

much more to the point, the a***hole disrupted the proceedings of a parliamentary committee, part of our democratic process, as such he attacked our democracy
personally I would have happily taken him outside and punched him sh**less, but thats just me, I believe in democracy and don't want self appointed bums screwing it over

Farmer fined for flour bomb attack on Blair - Telegraph

This was in The House of Commons, during a session and it was directed at The Prime Minister.

There was a huge chemical / biological alert.

But, no harm done.

The £600 fine the chap was given seems about right.

In the UK there is a long tradition of pelting politicians et al with rotten fruit, etc. and our democracy seems to have survived unscathed. The self appointed bums screwing with democracy on this particular occasion are The Murdoch family - other self appointed bums may be available - and their minions.

The entire committe was pointless and was merely a vehicle for some televised grandstanding by minor league politicos.

Did anyone think Murdoch would incriminate himself?

Love him or hate him, John Prescotts response to being cowardly attacked by an idiot was fantastic and I think some of these people that attention seek could do with a slap.

Farmer fined for flour bomb attack on Blair - Telegraph

This was in The House of Commons, during a session and it was directed at The Prime Minister.

There was a huge chemical / biological alert.

But, no harm done.

The £600 fine the chap was given seems about right.

In the UK there is a long tradition of pelting politicians et al with rotten fruit, etc. and our democracy seems to have survived unscathed. The self appointed bums screwing with democracy on this particular occasion are The Murdoch family - other self appointed bums may be available - and their minions.

The entire committe was pointless and was merely a vehicle for some televised grandstanding by minor league politicos.

Did anyone think Murdoch would incriminate himself?

I agree with you point regarding the grandstanding but its still a part of our process, the Murdochs volunteered to appear before the committee of our Parliamentarians, this isn't a political point , as far as I'm concerned Tony Blair(a man who I loath and despise) was elected and in any democracy worth the name the peoples choices as representatives must have both their functions and their physical well being protected.
If you don't want to live in a democracy just allow those who attack it to get away without punishment.
Very little really winds me up these days but the a***hole certainly did and old and decrepit as I am, I would still willingly fight to protect our imperfect system from its enemies.

Very little really winds me up these days but the a***hole certainly did and old and decrepit as I am, I would still willingly fight to protect our imperfect system from its enemies.

Hitting Murdoch with a foam pie hardly makes the man an enemy of democracy. In fact many would see it as a public service.

And if we have both a democracy and a criminal justice system worthy of their names then Murdoch and his shameful cronies will have much more than foam pies to worry about.

Hitting Murdoch with a foam pie hardly makes the man an enemy of democracy. In fact many would see it as a public service.

And if we have both a democracy and a criminal justice system worthy of their names then Murdoch and his shameful cronies will have much more than foam pies to worry about.

Unfortunately people who prejudge others before the investigative process has been allowed to take its course are as dangerous to our way of life as the a***hole.
What you fail to grasp is this wasn't just a cowardly attack on an old man with his back turned, by an attention seeker, I would have been just as angry if it had been done to Blair, Brown, Galloway, Kinnock, Benn had they been giving evidence to the committee.

Unfortunately people who prejudge others before the investigative process has been allowed to take its course are as dangerous to our way of life as the a***hole.
What you fail to grasp is this wasn't just a cowardly attack on an old man with his back turned, by an attention seeker, I would have been just as angry if it had been done to Blair, Brown, Galloway, Kinnock, Benn had they been giving evidence to the committee.

What you can't or won't grasp is that the old man in question has been a callous bully all his life - both in the stories that his rags have printed and the way he has handled industrial relations at his companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom