James Gandolfini, star of The Sopranos, dies in Italy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Sopranos blurred the lines between film and TV and in that respect was groundbreaking.

R.I.P. James Gandolfini.:(

Rather sad, RIP.

I loved the Sopranos, until it ran out of steam.

The idea of keeling over in Rome, preferably after a large meal sitting outside opposite some splendid church, including frittura of calves brains, bucatini alll'amatriciana, coda alla vaccinara or Tripa alla Romana and then some glorious ice cream, has a certain appeal.

A guy with true screen presence- there was a lot more to come from James G. :( Liked his "gay hitman" in The Mexican where he stole the movie from Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts =no mean feat. RIP

[YOUTUBE]xfS4wPEIae0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
His demise does seem to be getting a disproportionate amount of coverage though.

He's just an actor after all.

Think his appeal came from playing nasty guys you couldn't help liking a bit. As such perhaps his roles reflected real life more than we might care to admit rather than the "black and white" good guy/bad guy stereotypical characters we see on our screens most of the time. :dk:

Wow, that's out of the blue. I'm a little shocked as we are not too dissimilar in age and I was always glued to t.v. when the Sopranos was on - one of the very best t.v. series ever imo.

R.I.P.

you never know when you wil be whacked ( to coin a phrase )

Wow, that's out of the blue. I'm a little shocked as we are not too dissimilar in age and I was always glued to t.v. when the Sopranos was on - one of the very best t.v. series ever imo.

Perhaps a bit less being glued to the telly and a bit more being out exercising might postpone the inevitable.

Loved the series, RIP.

The idea of keeling over in Rome, preferably after a large meal sitting outside opposite some splendid church, including frittura of calves brains, bucatini alll'amatriciana, coda alla vaccinara or Tripa alla Romana and then some glorious ice cream, has a certain appeal.

Not at 51 though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom