James May's Cars of the People

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Anyone watch this recent 3 part mini series shown on BBC 2 Excellent stuff! Still available on the BBC iPlayer. :thumb: My God! a car programme with intellectual content.:eek::eek: Why can't we have more of this instead of the interminable B list celebrity guff?
BBC iPlayer - James May's Cars of the People
ps:- for those who like that sort of thing he does destroy 2 French cars with a heavy machine gun and drop a Lada from a helicopter.;)

I enjoyed it in parts but not the Top Gear antics such as destroying said cars with machine guns.

Just attempted to watch this on iPlayer however it's saying all 3 episodes are unavailable.

image-1594224432.jpg

I enjoyed it in parts but not the Top Gear antics such as destroying said cars with machine guns.

My view too.
Potentially a good programme, but let down by several childish antics and the final result for the UK was difficult to agree with.
May is capable of much better.

He could be the LJK Setright if he applied himself.

Just attempted to watch this on iPlayer however it's saying all 3 episodes are unavailable.

View attachment 45463

I feel I'm owe some folks an apology. Unfortunately the last show in the series was shown exactly a week ago at 9-10pm . The BBC normally leave iPlayer access for a week and through that ---active links to the first 2 in the series. It would appear that all access to the 3 programmes has been removed. Sorry about that. :(

I totally agree. I did get the impression those "stunts" were included to capture a certain audience and added little to the narrative .:rolleyes: However taking the pragmatic view if including a few minutes of wanton destruction is necessary to attract sufficient viewing figures to keep the bean counters happy and get such programmes airtime I can live with it.:thumb:

I feel I'm owe some folks an apology. Unfortunately the last show in the series was shown exactly a week ago at 9-10pm . The BBC normally leave iPlayer access for a week and through that

It has only just gone. I managed to watch the last episode courtesy of your link. Thanks.

Yeah, really interesting program.
Some interesting history lessons in amongst it all.
I love the build quality of that lada... wtf...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom