James mays new car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The New Mira is a missive improvement and just works so well, judging by this video anyway. I want one.. I wish they would just see sense and start investing in the infrastructure and mass production.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think wishing 'they would invest in infrastructure' is an understatement

Just 3 - yes THREE . Hydrogen filling stations currently functioning in the UK according to James. And here we are thinking EV drivers are struggling to top up . o_O

yeah is woeful.

There are 11 stations and only 3 available. But Hydrogen is such a good option for a direct replacement to the ICE. No long charge times, no range anxiety, they have great range, zero emissions (apart from a bit of water).
fuel can be made using renewable energy. Toyota built their own infrastructure in Japan where the hydrogen is made on the forecourts of the filling stations so no transportation issues.

If you have a hydrogen car the below filling stations are in the UK, which ones are useable I am not sure sorry.
  1. Shell, Gatwick (RH6 0NX) - Operated by: ITM Power
  2. Shell, M25 Cobham Services, Surrey (KT11 3JS) - Operated by: ITM Power
  3. Power CEME Innovation Centre, Marsh Way, Rainham (RM13 8EU) - Operated by: ITM Power
  4. NPL, Teddington (TW11 0LY) - Operated by: ITM Power
  5. Hatton Cross Station, London (TW6 2GE) - Operated by: Air Products
  6. Shell, M40 Beaconsfield Services, Buckinghamshire (HP9 2SE) - Operated by: ITM Power
  7. Honda Manufacturing, Swindon (SN3 4TZ) - Operated by: BOC
  8. J Matthey, Great Western Way, Swindon (SN5 8AT) - Operated by: ITM Power
  9. AMP, Rotherham, Sheffield (S60 5WG) - Operated by: ITM Power
  10. Aberdeen Hydrogen Centre, Langdykes Road, City of Aberdeen (AB12 3FT) - Operated by: Aberdeen City Council
  11. Hydrogen Refuelling, Powis Terrace, City of Aberdeen (AB25 3RF) - Operated by: BOC

I respectfully disagree, Toyota as still bigger than VW and they are heavily invested in it. As are others
Efficiency aside they still have a long way to go to convince people Battery cars work in the real world, Hydrogen easily could work as a direct replacement for the ICE cars once the economies of scale are sorted.
ICE cars are hugely inefficient but we adopted those on mass.

From a consumer stand point it would be far easier to adopt to hydrogen power than battery.
Where can I buy hydrogen and where is my nearest hydrogen filling station? | DrivingElectric
QUOTE:-

Where can I find a hydrogen refuelling station and how much does it cost?​

According to UK H2 Mobility, there are currently 11 hydrogen stations in the UK. Five of these are located within the M25, with others in the Southeast and Wiltshire. There are also two hydrogen refuelling stations for cars in Scotland, and none in Northern Ireland.

There are plans for two more hydrogen refuelling stations, one in Derby and the other in Stockton-on-Tees. But, both of the hydrogen filling stations in Wales have now closed, as have the two in the midlands at Coventry University and the University of Birmingham.

A kilogramme of hydrogen costs around £10 in the UK. As a guide, the Mirai’s fuel tank holds five kilogrammes, so it isn’t that much cheaper at the moment to use hydrogen compared to petrol or diesel – and it’s a lot more expensive than recharging an electric car.

Toyota are getting their EVs made in China to catch up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom