James

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesdiamond

Car
mercedes ML270
I have just purchased an old 51 2001 ML 270 with Sat Nav now discover NO DISC ? Please can anybody help exactly which one and does anybody have one. I have bought this car expressly to go skiing in French alps so need Euro Nav ? Regards James :doh: :fail

You need a DX type disc. You may want to check your local dealer - mine currently sells them at a flat rate of £100. Otherwise, have a look on eBay.

Comand highly recommended.

Hi Cheers so will the ones on e bay be OK if DX ? I have to confess I bought it fairly cheaply so wasn't as carefull as I could have been Hey Ho ? Some on e bay around £40 how do I know ? Gamble ! Cheers James

Hi Thanks for that and yep muppetry not really checking ! ! If I buy one for £150 I will be doubling the price of the car ! ! ? ? ? I have been looking on e bay so guess I will keep looking. I had hoped some one would say " I have one for £20 from a Merc they had sold" Hey Ho Cheers James

Be careful of fakes/copies as they can cause premature failure by overheating and stressing the laser and if they carry errors possibly brick the COMAND.

James, I lived for a few years in Switzerland and used two Comand Sat Nav discs for the journeys around the Alps and for travelling back a few times a year to the UK through France.
The discs are 2006 DX "Alps" and "Major Roads of Western Europe", and should cover your needs OK. The MRWE disc will get you through France (and of course other countries) and then you can use the Alps one for the very detailed roads when you are in the mountains.
I've not yet got round to selling them on Ebay, LOL, so I would be happy to see them go to someone on the Forum. No charge; so if you are interested in having them just text me (07522 106666) your address and I will post them to you tomorrow.
Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom