jammed rear seatbelt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petespong

Car
e350 estate
Hi can any body help with the jammed centre rear seatbelt on my e350 estate

Will it pull all the way out? Silicone lubricant spray the mechanism…..ideally the belt needs to be all the way out otherwise lots of cleaning afterwards.

Jammed in the rest position;the inertia lock has activated and there no free play left to unlock it? Or there is free play but the mechanism is jammed?

You probably need to create a little slack in the belt so that the reel mechanism will release. If you can't do that by squashing the seat sufficiently, you'll have to remove one of the mounting bolts.

As above, I recently had to do this with my Son's 1 series BMW rear centre belt, it had locked solid in the retracted position, the only way was to enable a little slack in the belt by unbolting the seat base belt fixing and letting the belt retract slightly thus releasing the "lock mechanism", apparently it can be a common problem on the 1 series centre belt, so I advised him to leave the centre belt always buckled, then if it gets locked again it can just be released from the buckle and released again.
Hopefully this makes sense?

Thanks I undid the lower fixing and it's now released, I think I will take your advice and leave it buckled up

Regards
Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom