Jan 2016 Quaife Bulk Buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Give James a shout he can only say no

Well. Birds said to get the car in today for 8:30. I did that, they confirmed that mine was the first job. Got a phone call at 13:40 to confirm it was finished. Picked it up, already noticed the difference, it feels so planted. Many thanks to Y8cel for setting this up and saving me a few hundred pounds. Great job from Birds !

Your welcome mate, I can't wait till Monday

Cars at Birds I dropped it off this morning and they kindly lent me a car so I could collect some eBay purchases from Hemel. Now enjoying a nice coffee before heading back, can't wait to get it back.
They had a model of the inside of a ATB on the counter I had no idea how complex it was in side.

Y8cel said:
Cars at Birds I dropped it off this morning and they kindly lent me a car so I could collect some eBay purchases from Hemel. Now enjoying a nice coffee before heading back, can't wait to get it back. They had a model of the inside of a ATB on the counter I had no idea how complex it was in side.

Guy with the lockup in the high street? Drives a white E class cabriolet? (Hemel)

Cars at Birds I dropped it off this morning and they kindly lent me a car so I could collect some eBay purchases from Hemel. Now enjoying a nice coffee before heading back, can't wait to get it back.
They had a model of the inside of a ATB on the counter I had no idea how complex it was in side.

Cant wait for your thoughts ?.......:bannana:

If you have even half a thought about doing this mod just do it

So meet up with Ross and just had a little trundle around so he could hear the exhaust then just got on the M4 and headed west, I stopped at Chippenhahm services so thought it would be a good idea to try RS mode on the slip road out,

WOW it just launched off like a missile probably left 2mm of conti behind, Last time I tried that the computer just said NO light on, engine bog down under the TC limiter

Mechanical grip is ace I'm now at Costco Avonmouth waiting for the wife so just been doing a few flying starts in manual mode no light flicking it just launches off I can't wait for some proper dry warm roads,
So first impressions I'm very happy and inspecting the Quaife unit against the standard diff I can see why it does what it does

Bring on June and Le-Mans I'm gonna have some fun

What a car

Must admit, the traction is a different level after chucking it around
over the weekend, in the wet as well.

The transformation is unreal aint it ?
Its my first RWD car in a long time, but now I can chuck this around with as much confidence as I was in my previous 3 Audi Quattro`s !!
And the acceleration is just.....wowwwzer !!

Do most of you put it in manual when on it? I seem get more wheel spin in sport+, is that cause it changes down when you floor it in s+?

Only had mine a few weeks so still getting used to it

Another one bites the dust!

Dropped the car off at Birds this morning. Had a friendly chat with James who confirmed that he sees this bulk buy as mutually beneficial because we get a good price and they get wider exposure to their Quaife LSD capability.

Had lunch in Windsor and picked the car up at about 2.45pm.

Did wonder if I would notice any difference on a combination of dry roads and M4/M25. I didn’t perform a RS on either the M4 or M25 slip roads but did take a short detour off the M25 onto the A30 and a tightening 270 degree bend. This confirmed that the car went round on rails and felt totally planted. Another longer detour nearer home confirmed those initial observations.

The beauty of the CLS63AMG to me is that you can drive it in two modes; mode 1 being Driving Miss Daisy and mode 2 being a Nascar racer. The problem that I now anticipate is that with a Quaife LSD will I ever be driving Miss Daisy again?

So initial impressions are very positive and perhaps just reinforces the belief that these vehicles should come out of the box with a LSD as standard.

Absobloodyluteley !

Best mod you can do bar none !

My only problem now is, I find myself driving like a knob, just so I can feel the quaife doing its job !!

Absobloodyluteley !

Best mod you can do bar none !

My only problem now is, I find myself driving like a knob, just so I can feel the quaife doing its job !!

It is! It's unbelievable they didn't come with 'em as standard!

An epic drive across country yesterday. Very surefooted now, you can really unleash the beast :)

Big thanks to Y8cel got putting this together. Fitted on Tuesday and driving home om greasey roads I was able to use about double the throttle without the wheels spinning esp kicking in and feels like a totallyear different car round corners. New life into an old dog and the car seems to like it too! Only mild downside is my rear suspension (very recent new airbags) is creaking again. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

The SL63 was at Birds on Thur afternoon last week for the installation of the LSD.

It turns out that the SL has a few access issues and is a more complicated job than say a C63. My understanding was that there were a couple of installation firsts for the installer in this group buy and a couple were more challenging than others.

Great job OP for starting the thread.

Expensive lesson learned, do not buy a 500 horse RWD AMG without an LSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom