January 29 1886 - all hail Karl Benz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.saunders

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E300TD
In 1885, German mechanical engineer, Karl Benz designed and built the world's first practical automobile to be powered by an internal-combustion engine.

On January 29, 1886, Benz received the first patent (DRP No. 37435) for a gas-fueled car. It was a three-wheeler; Benz built his first four-wheeled car in 1891. Benz & Company, the company started by the inventor, became the world's largest manufacturer of automobiles by 1900.

Seemingly, Karl Benz founded the Benz Company, precursor of Daimler-Benz, DaimlerChrysler, and Daimler AG. Before dying he would witness the explosion of automobile use during the 1920s, thanks to his inventions.

Seemingly, Karl Benz founded the Benz Company, precursor of Daimler-Benz, DaimlerChrysler, and Daimler AG. Before dying he would witness the explosion of automobile use during the 1920s, thanks to his inventions.

seemingly??????

this is a mercedes enthusiasts and owner forum, and you said seemingly, which infers you didn't know!

one would therefore deduce, you hold niether qualification for admittance to this site.

Goodbye!

And don't try to find out about Gottlieb or what ever his name was, or that Maybach chap either.

Hell, you may even tell us next that Rolls-Royce was actually named after a couple of blokes called Charles and Henry, rather than BMW.

My word, keep up.

cheeky sod; I added seemingly as I stole the wording from Wiki.

well that makes it worse. you didn't even correct it.

for goodness sakes man. You must have eaten too much, and your body is using up oxygen digesting the billion tonnes of food you consumed, instead of feeding your brain.

You will die eating you wil, you mark my words.

One minute you will be tucking into a wafer thin mint, and the next, you will burst!

The point I was making, rolypoly boy, was that as an enthusiast of the Marque, you should already have known these points or you would not be considered an enthusiast. As you also not an owner at present, you fail to qualify your membersip of this forum.

Therefore you should have corrected that statement saying seemingly so it looked like you knw what you are talking about instead of PCP'ing the statement and allowing someone else to take the hit on the depreciation rate of that statment in the first place.

see?

Don't bring me into this argument! :D

sorry.

For Marque, read "Mercedes-Benz"

The term Mercedes Benz relates to all companies associated with Mercedes, Benz, daimler etc and so on.

robert.saunders said:
In 1885, German mechanical engineer, Karl Benz designed and built the world's first practical automobile to be powered by an internal-combustion engine.

On January 29, 1886, Benz received the first patent (DRP No. 37435) for a gas-fueled car. It was a three-wheeler; Benz built his first four-wheeled car in 1891. Benz & Company, the company started by the inventor, became the world's largest manufacturer of automobiles by 1900.

Seemingly, Karl Benz founded the Benz Company, precursor of Daimler-Benz, DaimlerChrysler, and Daimler AG. Before dying he would witness the explosion of automobile use during the 1920s, thanks to his inventions

www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/reader_rides/1267571.html

Attachments

• DRP No 37435.jpg
    DRP No 37435.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 42
earthgali_s.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^ not too dissimilar to Roberts waistline.

But there's no double din thingy to fit your Command :eek: and I bet its not wired for bluetooth:( (whatever that is :confused:) -- pretty poor effort if you ask me. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom