Jap Import C36

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"GENUINE AMG ENTHUSIATS WILL KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND ONE OF THESE IN EUROPE
VERY RARE COLLECTORS CLASSIC THAT IS APPRECIATING IN VALUE"
[/FONT]
That kind of blurb always puts me off. There seems to be a fair amount of interest in the car going by the number of bids.

yeah know what you mean. Does it look like a good 'un to you (you've got one I see!)... I thought it looked fresh but I love '202 AMGs any way lol

Looks nice enough in the pics, never imported anything so not sure about the pitfalls of buying imports. For maintaining the value, service history would be important.

What is a key ommission from his ad is who is paying for the UK first registration, changes to make it fit to pass an MOT etc.
This ads up trust me (and mine came from Germany not Japan!)

And its LHD...crazy Japs...they drive on the same side of the road as us.

£3700 - already quite expensive, no?

And is that an extra-fancy-schmantsy climate control panel?

Load of Money - If you are in the UK you want a UK RHD car

A shame only the Japan market cars got that wood trim :mad:

yeah, never quite worked that one out, many prestige/german cars out there seemed to be LHD. IIRC it may be a kudos thing?

On Jeremy Clarkson's motorworld, he said that the Japanese like foreign cars, and they buy LHD because it makes them "more" foreign.

Yeah, LHD is a status symbol in Japan, not sure if any of you have seen the "garage current" website with the insane creations of pre-merger AMG Japan - they liked putting the 6.0 M119 in a lot of cars!!

http://garagecurrent.com/english/stock.html

I had a RHD Jap import C36 in NZ though, and I had that awesome black birds eye maple wood in mine :)

You can always keep you eyes in Japanese auctions for the kit,though i`ll not be very cheap as I`ve seen ushtrays alone go for big money

Yeah, LHD is a status symbol in Japan, not sure if any of you have seen the "garage current" website with the insane creations of pre-merger AMG Japan - they liked putting the 6.0 M119 in a lot of cars!!

PORSCHE / Mercedes-Benz / AMG / specialty store garagecurrent

I had a RHD Jap import C36 in NZ though, and I had that awesome black birds eye maple wood in mine :)

Wow what a site! Look at this hammer! DROOL:rock:
AMG EƒNƒ‰ƒX 300CE 6.0-4V HAMMER@WIDEƒo[ƒWƒ‡ƒ“ ’†ŒÃŽÔî•ñŠ”Ž®‰ïŽÐ ƒKƒŒ[ƒWƒJƒŒƒ“ƒghttp://www.garagecurrent.com

Rare for such an early one to have folding mirrors

Hi,
This age I don,t believe folding mirrors was ever an option, the switch you can see is the seat heating. Seat heating switches on the "pre prefacelift" 202's were fitted in the gear shift surround, incidently the blind switch could also be fitted on the panel above the stereo too on these early cars.
The climate control panel was also like this, or a very similiar variation of it on the earlier cars.
That wood trim I love, has anyone tried to order any birds eye maple trim for a 202?

There is an ashtray for sale in Japan,though I know is no use
las117130-img600x450-1284637513sbl8q435385.jpg

Linky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom