Japanese C classes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bazza

Car
S211 280CDi
Has anybody else seen one of these?

I spotted a silver W202 a few months back with a square indent for the rear number plate and thought nothing of it, but today I parked beside a black one and noticed a mad push button climate system and great Mercedes-Benz Japan stickers on the windows.

Doesn't seem to make sense to import a C class from Japan

Bazza

Not all Merc's with square plate surrounds are Japanese.

Amercan, New-Zealand, Austrillan, Canadian etc all have small plates...

Did it have any features different on the outside?

Couldn't see anything different on the outside,luckily it was parked next to another C-class and I could compare the two

I think the MB Japan stickers gave this one away as being from Japan

Bazza

At 3 years old, it cost a fortune to "MOT" a car in Japan, hence all the 4x4s we get off-loaded over here.

Until recently, the rest of Asia has been taking all the RHD quality marques imported (Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and even Oz) but with the downturn in the Tiger economy, more will be coming our way - ironic given the money made exporting 3 year old Mercs to Malaysia until recently!

I'm not aware of any Asia specific models that we should look out for, but certainly Jap-market cars should be loaded with standard kit.

Oh. And watch out for the nicked ones (ask any "import" 4x4 owner who has been told they can't sell their car as it is suspected to have been stolen in Japan...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom