Jay Kay and his ferrari

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

x332race

MB Enthusiast
Jay Kay had his Ferrari damaged by a jealous lover of his girl.... this resulted in the ex being sent to jail.

"The court heard the total amount of damage had been revised from an initial estimate of £30,000 to £9,434.03. This included £2,500 to replace the windscreen, £700 to replace the driver's side window and £3,500 to polish the paintwork and valet the car"

What on earth are the windows made of to cost that much!!

Also, I wouldn't mind being given £3,500 to polish and valet the car.....should of got Sir Alan's apprentices to do it....they were much cheaper!!

Jay Kay had his Ferrari damaged by a jealous lover of his girl.... this resulted in the ex being sent to jail.

hmm.. last I heard of this case, the person who damaged the car was some drunken waiter at a hotel.. obviously the story has progressed

x332race said:
What on earth are the windows made of to cost that much!!

well, it's not so muchb that they're made of unobtainium (although they probably are) but that they're an odd shape and don't get made in the same numbers as windscreens for a vauxhall astra. no economies of scale... it's not a part your local autoglass will keep in stock :)

I'm actually surprised it was that cheap

x332race said:
Also, I wouldn't mind being given £3,500 to polish and valet the car.....should of got Sir Alan's apprentices to do it....they were much cheaper!!

again, cleaning an enzo is slightly different from me paying my local hand car-wash a fiver to wash my car. a full valet and polish of an enzo will involve very expensive consumables and tools, equipment to measure paint depth, stuff to remove every last scratch from the paint, special lacquers etcetc.

I remember seeing a professional exotic-car washer on fifth gear once and he went through what he had to do to was.. was it a maserti mc12? something expensive anyway. the job cost £5k and took many hours. that said, the car came out in concors condition and looked amazing!

dave

£700 to replace the driver's side window

Cheap! I paid the best part of £400 for a new side window & rubber trim on my old ML270 after some scroat half-inched my Sat Nav!

The world has gone mad.

Today thousands have died through starvation and drought and yet there are those amongst us that will happily pay someone £5K to wash their car.

Perhaps its just me......................

Last edited:
The world has gone mad.

Today thousands have probably starved through starvation and drought and yet there are those amongst us that will happily pay someone £5K to wash their car.

Just buy a new Kia Piccanto for £4995 - and when it gets dirty you can buy another one...........

:D

The world has gone mad.

Today thousands have died through starvation and drought and yet there are those amongst us that will happily pay someone £5K to wash their car.

I'd wash it with me tongue for half that:D

I'm sure Jay Kay would have happily paid you £1750 to personally lick his car clean... if your tongue had the ability to leave his car with a finish that the Ferrari factory couldn't manage.

As detailing of exotica goes, £3,500 was cheap.....

Last edited:
I'm sure Jay Kay would have happily paid you £1750 to personally lick his car clean... if your tongue had the ability to leave his car with a finish that the Ferrari factory couldn't manage.

As detailing of exotica goes, £3,500 was cheap.....
But there are a lot of people out there that would do it for nothing;)

It beats Beckham's £300 crop haircut.

Tossers the lot of 'em
quite agree!

I'd wash it with me tongue for half that:D

And if Keira Knightley's shower is broken, I'll do the same for her for free

:devil:

Just buy a new Kia Piccanto for £4995 - and when it gets dirty you can buy another one...........

:D

Hateful, hateful vehicles... I was less than impressed with the driving of one recently, piloted up the M5 by a young lady in the standard "Inch from the steering wheel" pose.

I suspect it was running at about 103% of its top speed for a decent proportion of the journey, with some truly hair-raising lane changing! Bless her.

We wrecked a brand new one in Spain last year , had 3k km on the clock ..

Stacked it into a support for the roof of the supermarket car park , folded up like it was made out of tin-foil , the hire company were less than impressed ....

We wrecked a brand new one in Spain last year , had 3k km on the clock ..

Stacked it into a support for the roof of the supermarket car park , folded up like it was made out of tin-foil , the hire company were less than impressed ....

Poor effort. Aim to roll off mountain in future. Preferably with fireball at base.

The world has gone mad.

I just think it's a good thing that money is being spent. at least that £5k will get passed down to other people, as the detailer buys the bits he needs, and spends the money he earns on his own requirements...

I have no issues with rich people spending money, I might be a bit jealous, but I'd rather they spent it than not.

dave

The world has gone mad.

:rolleyes:

It really has gone mad. people are spending 10k + buying mercs when they could buy a kia piacento;)

Agree, with the world's starving, we should be rolling in Picanto's and donating the rest to Bob Geldof's cause!

and we should all live in much smaller houses, take no holidays, and eat far less ...

after all, the world is starving :crazy:

Last edited:
It beats Beckham's £300 crop haircut.

Tossers the lot of 'em

And there isn't the slightest drop of envy there :rolleyes:;)

His car (JKs), his money, his business to spend his money on his car as he see's fit. Same as Beckhams hair cut really

We all have expensive cars here, you had a Aston Martin and you gave it care and attention. How would you like it if someone less well off than you would say you are a tosser for not spending that money on the poor and less fortunate than you :crazy:or if I said someone was a tosser for spending money on an alloy wheel refurb rather than giving it to charity.

Wealth is a relative thing, and for those who are super wealthy there have to be things for them to spend money on that are inaccessible for most others....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom