Jay Kay banned from driving, again.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3630908.stm

He was caught doing 105mph on the A9 in Perthshire in February while overtaking. With excuses like "I would point out I was driving a 4x4 and not a fast sports car," and "he needed his licence so he could have 'respite' from his busy professional life." I guess it was inevitable that he would be banned :rolleyes:

S.

yeah, but what does a ban mean to him in the "real world" he either get's in cabs or chauffered cars for 6 months and if he really wants to drive he can afford to hire a private circuit for the day.

Pretty pointless banning folks like that, it's not even a minor inconvenience

Andy

andy_k said:
yeah, but what does a ban mean to him in the "real world" he either get's in cabs or chauffered cars for 6 months and if he really wants to drive he can afford to hire a private circuit for the day.

Andy
I see your point, what would you suggest instead? Custodial sentence?

S.

tee hee Steve,

I didn't say I had a solution and I think it would be unfair if "celebrities" were treated any differently to either you or me in the same situation but to some people a 6 month ban is more of a punishment than others. To many people it would probably mean losing their jobs, to me it would be an inconvenience but I could live without the car but to those with the kind of money he's got it just means paying someone else to drive for a while.

Actually being as it's Jay Kay we should consider locking the arrogant little P***k up for at least 20 years :)

Andy

Andy

His list of excuses would have been more effective if he had chosen one and stuck with it!!

Probably in the G55 I expect.....

andy_k said:
tee hee Steve,

I didn't say I had a solution and I think it would be unfair if "celebrities" were treated any differently to either you or me in the same situation but to some people a 6 month ban is more of a punishment than others. To many people it would probably mean losing their jobs, to me it would be an inconvenience but I could live without the car but to those with the kind of money he's got it just means paying someone else to drive for a while.

Actually being as it's Jay Kay we should consider locking the arrogant little P***k up for at least 20 years :)

Andy

Andy
Hehe :) I'm with you on that one, he is arrogant beyond belief. Shame I like his music.

Custodial sentence it is then :p

*EDIT* Actually if he was caught speeding like that in Finland he would have been fined in proportion to his earnings so he'd have had to pay squillions of quids. :devil: Anyone remember the Nokia Chairman being fined hundreds of thousands euros for doing something like 50 in a 30 limit? His fine was based on his previous years earnings which was in the millions of Euros territory. :eek:

G., I dunno what vehicle he was driving at the time, the news story made no mention of it.

S.

Last edited:
Steve_Perry said:
Hehe :) I'm with you on that one, he is arrogant beyond belief. Shame I like his music.

Custodial sentence it is then :p

*EDIT* Actually if he was caught speeding like that in Finland he would have been fined in proportion to his earnings so he'd have had to pay squillions of quids. :devil: Anyone remember the Nokia Chairman being fined hundreds of thousands euros for doing something like 50 in a 30 limit? His fine was based on his previous years earnings which was in the millions of Euros territory. :eek:

G., I dunno what vehicle he was driving at the time, the news story made no mention of it.

S.

Re: Anssi Vanjoki, one of our VPs, he was on a bike (47 in a 31). In fact he's not the only board member to be done ;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/1759791.stm

There's an office sweepstake on which of the big cheese's will be next :D

andy_k said:

Andy

You say that but knowing how much Jay Kay loves his car, it probably really will bother him to be banned.

I know Jay Kay did have a G55 - but I recall he crashed it into his moat whilst showing off in it in his grounds! - Come on - you know you would like to be so rich you could do that!!

I think that the vehicle he was driving was an Overfinch Range Rover.

isn't great though that a rock star loves cars?? it makes us less anoraky ..

GrahamC230K said:
I know Jay Kay did have a G55 - but I recall he crashed it into his moat whilst showing off in it in his grounds! - Come on - you know you would like to be so rich you could do that!!

I think that the vehicle he was driving was an Overfinch Range Rover.

I looked on a few news web sites and all any of them said was he was 'driving a 4x4'. 'none mentioned what actual car it was.

The whole UK anti speeding thing is pathetic... how many time have you been stuck behind a stream of crawlers and you come up to the duel carriageway and try to blast past as many of them as possible...

Returned from the South of France today and the average speed to the ferry was 110MPH covering over 700 miles and 22mpg that included 3 fuel stops, 30min lunch and a 45min blast up the slower N13... Had great fun with an SL55 AMG over the Alps both on the limiters up the hills... ;)

I’m probably on another tangent however I truly believe that the obsession with reducing speed in the UK in some cases leads to more accidents... In France they have an accident someone tragically dies and they say 'that's a pity, accidents happen however we must learn how to driver more skilfully’ In the UK they legislate and we all lose out...:(

Flyer said:
I'd heard/read it was a Porsche Cayenne Turbo ...

I read today that it was an ML :(

Plodd said:
I read today that it was an ML :(

Jay Kay likescars so there is no way he would drive a Porsche on Stilts!

I read ML too. I would be horrified if he drove a Porsche Crayon. ;-)

Saw three of them (turbos too!) near each other in Chelsea last night in the one street alone and all were full of baby seats, covered in birdcrap, were filthy inside and had all four alloys kerbed.

Same street also had a RUF Porsche, multiple Bentley Continental GTs and one of the most amazing things I have ever laid eyes on - the SL65 AMG. WOW!

Heard on the radio the other night that JK has spent £100k building a go-kart track in his back garden..... so still gets to have his fun behind the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom