Jay Leno’s Garage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merc220cls

SUPPORTER
Car
220 CLS Shooting Brake & 350 SL
Apologies if this has been posted before.

With the television showing nothing of much interest to me more and more recently I’ve been watching uTube and particularly classic cars.
I then moved on to Jay Leno’s Garage clips and this evening watched this one.

It’s a replica of Mercedes Benz sports car carrier from the 1950’s. The original was crushed by Mercedes but in later years they built another one for their museum.
The one Jay Leno now owns is a replica which was made by a guy in Sweden and I have to say it looks fantastic.
It’s loosely based on a 300 SL but in this case it has a more modern Mercedes truck engine. The entire cab sits forward of the front wheels and the rear end resembles the 300 SL
The original vehicle could top over 100 mph and was used to ferry the sports cars back to the factory then deliver them back to the track

Well worth a watch, sorry I don’t have a link to it but you can easily do a search on uTube

It’s a long running thread already. But seeing as the search function on the forum is somewhat unreliable we’ll forgive you. :)

Apologies again, I did try to do a search first but unsuccessful. I thought it was because I’m a new
poster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom