Jay's 500E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The author of the article is Dan Trent....previously editor of Mercedes Enthusiast. The first time he ever featured a 500E it was my silver one....back in 2005. Now sits proudly in Jay's garage :)

talbir

When someone asks me which of my cars is my favourite, I always say that's like asking a parent which one of their children is their favourite.

I have to say though, my Silver 500E is just very special to me and the one that gets a bit more spoilt than the others.

I wish i hadnt sold it!

I await a call on Monday from Jay....
E55K estate may have to go.

That silver 500E i sold to Jay is very special....being original UK, great colour combo of silver and black interior and a hugely impressive condition on bodywork, interior and drivetrain....it is a car that looks and is very special. I could take another similar 500E but would struggle to make it as good.

Even when it stood beside my 040 Black 500E, there were plenty of my family/friends who would converge on the Silver one instead !

I'll always regret selling it, i really don't know what i was thinking when i did that.....but the comfort for me is that it's with Jay and it'll be well kept for years to come. Despite having 3 500Es and with an aim to have a few more by 2015, there will always be a gaping hole in the collection. That Silver 500E !

talbir

Talbir - I want one of your 500E's.

I am 1 phone call away when you want to let go of one...

I think sl300_ireland means treads rather than posts - several threads popped up on the same subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom