Jazz Hands.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Time for your Sanatogen Gramps.

Honestly, the kids don't give a toss about this stuff it's only your type who are getting upset over it all.

I'm looking forward to the day when kids don't give a toss about getting out of bed and only people like you & me care about it - meanwhile in China...another how many qualified Engineers each year are professionally registered...?

NB. I am generalising here so, parents of millennials please do not flame me......:eek:

This is not a millennial issue - this is the parents of millennials making these stupid proposals.
Look at the kids they raised - it is the generation that was taught that you are the greatest, even if you are fu£king useless. Instant gratification or tears follow. What does that say about their parents?

Slightly OT but very interesting.......The video is about millennials but it made me wonder about their parents and did give me a better understanding of millennials.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's the [TLVF] Teachers NOT the Parents, they take your child and program it their way.

As divisive as these topics are I think issues like this and the backlash they provoke are actually well meaning - we are, as a general rule, fair people and like to see fair play and things like this go against that fair play - why should the majority have to change their behaviour because something they do upsets or affects a far smaller number - in my youngest sons school they’re aiming to completely ban any food vaguely nutty because one boy has a serious allergy.

Having said that, I don’t like the tone that completely overlooks the issues people with certain disabilities have and how excluded from society they can feel and uproars like this do little to find a pragmatic way forward.

Time for your Sanatogen Gramps.

Honestly, the kids don't give a toss about this stuff it's only your type who are getting upset over it all.

And what is "my type" supposed to mean?

I'm not upset either. Just bored with your trolling.

I think I might make him a member...

As divisive as these topics are I think issues like this and the backlash they provoke are actually well meaning - we are, as a general rule, fair people and like to see fair play and things like this go against that fair play - why should the majority have to change their behaviour because something they do upsets or affects a far smaller number - in my youngest sons school they’re aiming to completely ban any food vaguely nutty because one boy has a serious allergy.

Having said that, I don’t like the tone that completely overlooks the issues people with certain disabilities have and how excluded from society they can feel and uproars like this do little to find a pragmatic way forward.

I feel for people and their families that have to deal with any sort of disability but why must the rest of the world revolve around their issues?

e.g. The whole school (200 / 300 kids ??) cannot have nut products because of 1 kid and then you need to police it as well. I would never have expected that sort of special treatment for my child at school - there has to be other ways.

We are living in an overly PC world where people are afraid to say no and this will probably continue to the point where minority rights result in the majority being disadvantaged.

I feel for people and their families that have to deal with any sort of disability but why must the rest of the world revolve around their issues?

e.g. The whole school (200 / 300 kids ??) cannot have nut products because of 1 kid and then you need to police it as well. I would never have expected that sort of special treatment for my child at school - there has to be other ways.

We are living in an overly PC world where people are afraid to say no and this will probably continue to the point where minority rights result in the majority being disadvantaged.
What other ways? Not letting that child in a school?!

And what is "my type" supposed to mean?

I'm not upset either. Just bored with your trolling.
Taking a pragmatic view isn't trolling.

DrF you do sound, especially on this thread, like the shout drunk at a party

DrF you do sound, especially on this thread, like the shout drunk at a party
Really?

Me and not the bitter old guys ranting about snowflakes and not having to live through the black plague, not to mention calling them ****ers, no, it's me being unreasonable isn't it?

Of course there is Rory, let the kids all have nuts, and if your kid dies unable to breath as their throat closes up, at least you’ll know that you can have another kid.

What other ways? Not letting that child in a school?!

You have both missed the point entirely ..........

Put another way.....an auditorium of 200/300 people are not allowed to clap because there is one person in the room that is afraid of clapping.......there has to be other ways of managing minority needs!

I used the nut allergy issue because it had been mentioned and alluded to the fact that minorities now expect the majorities to change to suit them which, is something I'd never have expected for my kids.

This is the politic of the TLVF, they mess with society as we know and love it till it ain't what it used to be anymore but a federation of minorities all pushing for their moment of fame and entitlement.

Reactions: Ted
Don't worry, when these cotton wool kids grow up and realise they can't cope in the real world, they can always sue those who didn't allow them to partake in anything that might hurt or offend them. Or be prescribed anti depressants :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom