Jeep Grand Cherokee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just noticed this thread. I have just ordered an 06 Jeep Grand Cherry 3.0 CRD (I've been on the jeep.co.uk website so am into the lingo now ;) )

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry having read this thread. But for the price on contract hire over 12 months i thnk it will suit our purpose.

I'll let you know how we get on - delivery is sometime soon.

steve_bcs said:
I just noticed this thread. I have just ordered an 06 Jeep Grand Cherry 3.0 CRD (I've been on the jeep.co.uk website so am into the lingo now ;) )

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry having read this thread. But for the price on contract hire over 12 months i thnk it will suit our purpose.

Sorry to drift OT but what happened to the Mustang Steve??

Sym is bob on... The mustang had to go - it was good whilst it lasted but i got fed up of the left hand drive ... and its good to be back in a merc :D

steve_bcs said:

I've heard the new-shape ones are 100% better. Be interested to hear your views when you've got it.

Well, I'm surprised by how many of you have commented..Thanks guys. Totally gone off the Freelander now, and having driven the Jeep, and taken into account what forum members have said, I can fully appreciate that being a 4x4 it will not feel/drive like a saloon/coupe on the road. It certainly doesn't, IE: bouncy ride, vague steering etc...but the ball and chain loves it. Yes the X3 and X5 are goegeous looking beasts, but so is the price tag. Also, the BMW's are really a road car, not a true 4x4 with useable off road capabilities,...We intend to have fun over the hills and in the valleys on weekends away. But......Still decieding....Check back in a few months...God help me:D

Just had delivery of the new Jeep confirmed for Friday morning .... OOh I'm all excited :)

new member, first post so feeling my way very slowly.
anyway, I've had a2.7crd from new in April 2002 and to be fair it has given very good service. Having said that it has still only done just over 77000 miles, some of towing a stock box with sheep or cattle and has always performed faultlessly.
It is only now I've had my first major problem, it seems the transmission ecu has decided to give up, a common problem so I'm finding out, it results in the automatic box not being automatic any more, in fact it's only selecting 2nd gear (evidently a default to get you home). Hopefully my local garage are on the way to correcting!!
General comments on the car, comfortable enough ride - so long as you don't mind the rolling on corners - just like a Range Rover I once had, very worrying to start with but no real safety issue, I in my younger days I was know to give it some welly. Off road the GC is pretty good for an auto, just like everything else it needs the right boots.
The other negative on it is the tendancy for oversteer on corners, not huge but it is definitely there. Economywise if you get 28 as an average you're doing well, acceleration is very good for a big 4x4 but if used will have a massive effect on that.
Overall as I say I've had no complaints, perhaps I've been lucky:dk:

Welcome
I think this must take the gold medal for oldest resurrected thread, 6 years 8 1/2 months.
For what its worth we ran a 56 plate Jeep Grand Cherokee for two years and it was great, never let us down, acres of leather, auto, great of road and in the snow, excellent seats and once we'd worked out the computer was set for US gallons not UK quite reasonably economical for what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom