Jeremy Clarkson - Who wants to be a millionaire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MancMike

I'm amazed this hasn't been discussed here and even more amazed if it has and I've missed it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:D

I only saw the advert for this the other night, I was quite surprised. Apparently this was announced last week sometime, don't know where I've been. It will be interesting to see if it works out or not, never had him down as someone who would host a game show.

Liam

I thought they were bringing in a different guest presenter rach week, like have I got news for you do.
I'm most likely incorrect, however.

This was announced a couple of months ago. Seems like quite a profitable sausage machine for him, as long as he can be "structured enough" to deliver it according to the format. And a worthy semi-retirement / step-down, given his recent, well-documented health problems.

You do wonder just how many more squillions the man needs after all his past profitable projects. Shouldn't he be spending more time with his new girlfriend and his money?

Maybe he enjoys TV work, and he's about a decade below the "official" retirement age. It's not about the money, I don't think.

I think Clarkson is plenty of fun when he hosts shows like HIGNFY, or is featured on shows like QI.

I really like the format of this quiz show, but I think it's a little too serious for today, where people want fast paced entertainment. So maybe Clarkson will "fun" it up a bit.

What I like most about the show, is that you're just 15 questions from winning a million, no other quiz show comes close to that. The Chase, which I watch regularly is getting tiresome, because they collectively answer hundreds of questions, and maybe, just maybe if they're lucky (because it's not just about knowing the answers, the chaser might outpace you and your team anyway in the final chase) you might win a few grand, each.

Maybe he enjoys TV work, and he's about a decade below the "official" retirement age. It's not about the money, I don't think.

Exactly Mike, why is everyone on this forum so fixated on his age? Weird. :confused:

Exactly Mike, why is everyone on this forum so fixated on his age? Weird. :confused:

He's 57, he had a major health scare last year with pneumonia, probably as a result of smoking continuously for 43 (sic) years. A fag packet life expectancy puts him at another 7 years healthy and "maybe" 13 years total. (He has ticked all the right boxes for every kind of cancer, as well as cardio vascular and has had a lifelong disregard for any kind of physical activity).

He's got £30 million to spend. Why not take some time out to spend more time with his money - and maybe his 46 year old new girlfriend ?

Even if he's really cautious and operates the 4% rule, he'd still have £1.2 million to spend every year.

You can't take it with you.

A fag packet life expectancy puts him at another 7 years healthy and "maybe" 13 years total. (He has ticked all the right boxes for every kind of cancer, as well as cardio vascular and has had a lifelong disregard for any kind of physical activity).

Where have you plucked 7 years from?Smoking ‘increases’ your chance of developing certain kinds of cancers yes, but that doesn’t mean EVERYONE who smokes gets cancer. There are plenty of people who heavily smoke but live into their 80s.

There’s no guarantee either way, there’s also no guarantee that if you don’t smoke you won’t get cancer. I know plenty of people who have lived a textbook lifestyle but still have got cancer.

You’re acting like he works down a mine. Yeah, he’s got money, but he’s also got kids. He doesn’t wanna blow it does he?

If he'd worked down a mine, he'd have three years left.

£30 million, a 46 year old new blonde actress girlfriend.... I know where I'd be spending my time.

Last edited:
Where have you plucked 7 years from?Smoking ‘increases’ your chance of developing certain kinds of cancers yes, but that doesn’t mean EVERYONE who smokes gets cancer. There are plenty of people who heavily smoke but live into their 80s.There’s no guarantee either way, there’s also no guarantee that if you don’t smoke you won’t get cancer. I know plenty of people who have lived a textbook lifestyle but still have got cancer.

Clarkson's GP will tell you that Clarkson's odds are stacked. Smoking's the obvious thing that influenced the pneumonia that killed him, but he's got the full set of cards for cancer: smoking, drinking, stress, long hours, and obesity.

Agreed the cancer may not get him within the decade. CVD, Dementia or mental health will probably get there first. It's just that the smoking nearly took him last year.

And agreed that many people get taken WAY sooner than anyone expected... Like Steve Jobs, dead at 55, worth $5 billion:

ht_steve_jobs_car_jef_111028_wmain.jpg

46!! So with all that wonga he’s banging some old biddy?

Perhaps girlfriends are like drink; when you're young any old rubbish will do so long as there's plenty of it, but as you get older and better-off you can afford the good stuff, and start to appreciate quality rather than quantity...

Clarkson's GP will tell you that Clarkson's odds are stacked.
This is really weird.

Clarkson is just more open about his drinking and lifestyle as it fits his bloke-ish image.

I've got a friend who I met when I was 12, as he had two Bertone sports cars that caught my interest. He's now 79. He's always enjoyed life, drink/drugs and women, he's a professor, he's always smoked and still does, tobacco and cannabis, he's had a brain tumour for 20 years that's pushed the teeth out on one side and is inoperable, he's completely paralysed down his left side of his body and he was when I met him.

I took his computer I fixed back to him tonight and he looks no different than he did when I met him, still sharp as a pin, even if he does pretend to know more about computers than he does. (He said, "I wanted Ubuntu on it, and some pillock put Linux on it xD) You're pretty much consigning Clarkson to an early grave, when actually you've no idea how long he'll live. He's not old, and his lifestyle isn't that far away from the typical guy. Not everyone runs, not everyone doesn't smoke, doesn't drink and still lots of those people live long.

I find it a bit distasteful that you're basically consigning him to the grave when he's likely got plenty of life left in him. It's as if you're willing him to die. He's a great entertainer and motoring journalist who most of us like lots. Can't we get excited about what he's doing without placing bets on whether or not he dies this year?

Perhaps girlfriends are like drink; when you're young any old rubbish will do so long as there's plenty of it, but as you get older and better-off you can afford the good stuff, and start to appreciate quality rather than quantity...
I was joking.

I find it a bit distasteful that you're basically consigning him to the grave when he's likely got plenty of life left in him. It's as if you're willing him to die.\

Not at all.... It's just I've never seen a gravestone that says "He wished he had spent more time at work."

I wish him well, I just wonder why he needs more money and personal publicity,

especially when he has just had a health wake up call.

Perhaps girlfriends are like food. The richer you are, the more you can afford the high price of admission of expensive restaurants.

(MancMike Quote I've got a friend who I met when I was 12, as he had two Bertone sports cars that caught my interest. He's now 79. He's always enjoyed life, drink/drugs and women, he's a professor, he's always smoked and still does, tobacco and cannabis, he's had a brain tumour for 20 years that's pushed the teeth out on one side and is inoperable, he's completely paralysed down his left side of his body and he was when I met him.Quote)

Do you not think, if he hadn't smoked, taken drugs, and alcohol, for most of his life in the way you describe, he might not have an inoperable brain tumor, be completely paralysed down one side, only have half his teeth, and would perhaps be enjoying a much better quality of life?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom