Jerk from 2nd into 1st

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GH421

Car
W221 S320L Cdi
Hi Guys

Picked up my car from A car dealer yesterday an S320L CDI 2006 plate. Having issues with the gearbox driving it home.

When i'm coming to a stop it jerks from 2nd into first regardless of what mode it is in.

I switched the car off and on again and no problems!!! I'm guessing this is an intermittent fault.

Welcome to the 7 speed. Most do it. Some don't.

Try shifting using the paddles only for a few days this can smooth it out as it re-adapts the torque converter.

Mine did it for a week or so but once it got used to my driving style it's pretty much spot on all the time!

When this occurs the car has no power so I turn it off and on again and it drives fine again...until the next time it boggers up! No error message or no engine management light however :\

I had something similar in my BMW when the battery was playing up.

Also i've had a error message twice now saying ABS and ESP not working but as soon as I drive these disappear.

GH421 said:
When this occurs the car has no power so I turn it off and on again and it drives fine again...until the next time it boggers up! No error message or no engine management light however :\ I had something similar in my BMW when the battery was playing up. Also i've had a error message twice now saying ABS and ESP not working but as soon as I drive these disappear.

You need to get it plugged in firstly. You have an engine issue.

Gave the car back to the dealer to fix and he states he took it to Herts Merx who diagnosed an EGR fault. Gearbox was given a clean bill of health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom