Jet Wash and Snow Foam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maha

Car
Suzuki Alto
Bruvs,

How are you all nearly Friday cannot wait. Question I want to buy a good pressure washer one where you can have a snow foam attachment. I wanted to get one that didn't damage parking sensors and paintwork.

Any recommendations, thank you in advance all.

I bought a little Karcher K2 Compact including 2 attachments from Halfords for about £60 recently. Bargain I think.

It has an external clear tube to suck up any detergent or foam you want to use.

Don't go too mad spraying it close to the parking sensors and you'll be fine.

Snow Foam attachment.

Bruvs,

How are you all nearly Friday cannot wait. Question I want to buy a good pressure washer one where you can have a snow foam attachment. I wanted to get one that didn't damage parking sensors and paintwork.

Any recommendations, thank you in advance all.

If you look for a Snow Foam attachment on the well known auction site, you can normally choose to have the correct fitting to attach it to whichever pressure washer you have bought. From memory there are only six different fittings to choose from and a good seller will fit the right one for you.
Derek.

Some snow mixtures are intended for commercial use, and I would consider them too strong for my car. They are intended to quickly remove heavy road grime, and as such MIGHT damage or remove car wax.

I also have a karcher and the snow foam and lance i got from Ultimate finish just use it on its fan setting and you will be fine.

Tony.

Traffic Film Remover.

Some snow mixtures are intended for commercial use, and I would consider them too strong for my car. They are intended to quickly remove heavy road grime, and as such MIGHT damage or remove car wax.

You are confusing Snow Foam with Traffic Film Remover or TFR as it's popularly called.

Derek.

I've used Karchers for years but lately they have become very troublesome, leaking lances and other faults, bought a Nilfisk last year and it is superior to any of the Karchers I've owned, and cheaper too.

Russ

Look for a pressure washer that has a brass pump rather than a plastic one, it will be more expensive but will last longer.
Most pressure washers kick out 120psi, it will not damage your paint or parking sensors even at close range, however, if your paint is damaged or has a flaky clear coat then common sense should prevail.
Most pros use a Kranzle, Nilfisk have good reviews too, Karcher mmmm?, all depends on usage?
Which snow foam - as posted dont get confused with Snow Foam and TFR, they are quite seperate. You only want something to loosen up the dirt prior to rinsing and then hand washing, personally i like Valet Pro products.
Costco do 25ltrs of concentrateTurtlewax wash n wax for £15, however this will dilute by a third, and still produce a thick foam, so thats 75Ltrs for £15.
Ideal if your car is well waxed and well looked after, but no good if your a monthly washer and the bugs are encrusted on your front valence!

Definitely recommend Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam but I don't use it as snow foam, save you're money on the foam attachment and get a pump hand sprayer for £2ish from the garden section of your supermarket. 20:1 on the bodywork, 10:1 on your wheels, leave it for five minutes and blast it off. Does an amazing job on my very occasionally washed car, just needing a light hand wash to finish off.

Definitely recommend Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam but I don't use it as snow foam, save you're money on the foam attachment and get a pump hand sprayer for £2ish from the garden section of your supermarket. 20:1 on the bodywork, 10:1 on your wheels, leave it for five minutes and blast it off. Does an amazing job on my very occasionally washed car, just needing a light hand wash to finish off.

I've never used it but I've just got some demon shine snow foam. I assume I just put the clear pipe on my karcher k2 into the snow foam tub and spray car then leave 5 minutes and rinse? Then wash as normal with ag shampoo?.

Where do you drive your cars to need snow foam to clean them:confused: off road :rolleyes:

Like I say never used it. Just seen people on here talking about it. Seem to get a lot of sand in the rain and air around here at the moment and never had a black car before and it's always dirty. Just thought a blast with washer first to get most stuff off then try foam. Is it only for really dirty cars then? Seems to be the rage at the moment.

Personally never had the need to use it, although a lot of these handwash places use it more for speed and ease than anything. My 535d was black and a pain to keep clean. I would recommend poor boys polish its fantastic stuff for black cars.

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze | PB-BH16

Personally never had the need to use it, although a lot of these handwash places use it more for speed and ease than anything. My 535d was black and a pain to keep clean. I would recommend poor boys polish its fantastic stuff for black cars.

Poorboys Black Hole Show Glaze | PB-BH16

I'll give it a go thanks. Would you finish it with ag high gloss sealer?

I'll give it a go thanks. Would you finish it with ag high gloss sealer?

Personally I wouldn't because I don't think it needs it, try the polish and see what you think if your going to apply anything over the top then perhaps a decent carnauba wax ?

Collinite 915 works well over Black hole...

Personally I wouldn't because I don't think it needs it, try the polish and see what you think if your going to apply anything over the top then perhaps a decent carnauba wax ?

If it's a glaze in the usual sense, and I believe it is, you need a sealant of some description over it as it doesn't provide any protection and it will just wash off. Glazes are great, especially on dark colours as they fill all the swirls and light scratches and give that deep wet look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom