Jetseal 109 question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
I generally polish my car weekly with AG SRP then wax it with AG HD wax afterwards. If I then apply a coat or two of Jetseal after that can I then re-polish/re-wax again the following week or is it a waste of time?

I generally polish my car weekly with AG SRP then wax it with AG HD wax afterwards. If I then apply a coat or two of Jetseal after that can I then re-polish/re-wax again the following week or is it a waste of time?

Re-polishing will remove any wax or sealant on the paintwork so re-polishing would be waste of time. Also it should go SRP > Jetseal > HD wax as a sealant comes before a wax if you use both. When you come to washing it the following week just dry the car and go over with a quick detailing spray. Do this for a few weeks to a couple of months then if you want repeat the process from the start again. :thumb:

You should polish very infrequently......once every few years at most.
Jetseal 109 before waxing.

Mic

Re-polishing will remove any wax or sealant on the paintwork so re-polishing would be waste of time. Also it should go SRP > Jetseal > HD wax as a sealant comes before a wax if you use both. When you come to washing it the following week just dry the car and go over with a quick detailing spray. Do this for a few weeks to a couple of months then if you want repeat the process from the start again. :thumb:

Thanks Adam.Is this Jetseal stuff any good? My car is silver and I'm trying to achieve the best shine/wet look that is possible-well, with a silver car anyway. Tia

Thanks Adam.Is this Jetseal stuff any good? My car is silver and I'm trying to achieve the best shine/wet look that is possible-well, with a silver car anyway. Tia

It does gives a good finish on silver cars, you could also look at Werkstat Acrylic Jett, both are good on metallic silvers. If you wanted a really deep shine then a machine polish would give the best results and allow you to maintain and keep on top of the finsh yourself.

It does gives a good finish on silver cars, you could also look at Werkstat Acrylic Jett, both are good on metallic silvers. If you wanted a really deep shine then a machine polish would give the best results and allow you to maintain and keep on top of the finsh yourself.

Ok, so let me get this right: Wash car, SRP, followed by either Wekstat/Jetseal then HD wax. The big question to you now Adam is:

Which of the the two products will give me a glossier, wet look shiny shine to Mercedes brilliant silver(744)?

Thanks for all the advice :thumb:

Ok, so let me get this right: Wash car, SRP, followed by either Wekstat/Jetseal then HD wax. The big question to you now Adam is:

Which of the the two products will give me a glossier, wet look shiny shine to Mercedes brilliant silver(744)?

Thanks for all the advice :thumb:

If you wanted to go all out then the process would be... Wash, de-tar(little black spots on paint behind the front and rear arches), Clay, SRP, Sealant, Wax.

Have you clayed before? It makes all the difference if it hasn't been done in a while, especially on silver and white cars where you can easily see it cleaning the paint. Will also leave the perfect base for the polish, sealant and wax.

I'd say give the Jetseal a go as that is the one you originally asked about and both are well rated. Make sure you take some pictures once it is all done and post them on here so we can admire you're machine. :thumb:

Thanks again Adam. Jetseal it is then. Yes I have de-tarred and clayed using megs clay bar very recently and you are right, it
made a huge difference. The paintwork is so smooth to the touch it's really amazing. Watch this space for the Jetseal results. Thanks again matey

For a wet shine you'd be better off using a glaze. Take a look here and click on 'Glazes' on the left -

carwashnwax

There are other suppliers; this is the one I use. ;)

You use the glaze at the same stage as JetSeal. Then wax over the top.

If you wanted to go all out then the process would be... Wash, de-tar(little black spots on paint behind the front and rear arches), Clay, SRP, Sealant, Wax.

Have you clayed before? It makes all the difference if it hasn't been done in a while, especially on silver and white cars where you can easily see it cleaning the paint. Will also leave the perfect base for the polish, sealant and wax.

I'd say give the Jetseal a go as that is the one you originally asked about and both are well rated. Make sure you take some pictures once it is all done and post them on here so we can admire you're machine. :thumb:

A quick photo after AG SRP, then two coats of Jetseal 109. This was taken with a mobile phone camera. Quite good stuff the Jetseal:D

Attachments

• shiny.jpg
    shiny.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 109
That said, I applied a coat of HD Wax (AG) tonight and then began to think is this Jetseal really that good, as the HD Wax makes it looks even better (by miles)

The trouble is one can become obsessed with trying to find the product that gives the best / shiniest results. I always feel my car isn't shiny, others (Mrs C) think I spend too much time cleaning it.

Masses of leaves in the garden. Hmmm. There'll only be more tomorrow if I rake them up today :D

That said, I applied a coat of HD Wax (AG) tonight and then began to think is this Jetseal really that good, as the HD Wax makes it looks even better (by miles)

The Jetseal is PRE WAX

Mic

Definitely Jetseal before the Wax Sean, something to do with the curing process !!

Definitely Jetseal before the Wax Sean, something to do with the curing process !!

I just thought better to seal the Wax (which takes much longer to apply than Jet seal) instead of sealing the Jetseal with the Wax.

I know what you mean Sean,all the experts on Detailing World recommend Seal before Wax .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom