Jimmy Cagney

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

portzy

MB Enthusiast
Car
An SLK R171 with lots of toys and a Golf Plus for fishing.
In a few weeks I'm off to New York for a short holiday. Being as its my 1st time ever, I'm looking to take in as much as I can but one of the places I'm planning on visiting is St Patricks Cathedral in midtown. I'm pretty much certain that this is the cathedral where, after being shot by rival gang members, Jimmy Cagney, (or rather his character), dies on the steps in front of the cathedral.

Can anyone confirm this to be the actual location?, and what was the film title?

Cheers in advance.

Portzy.

THE one liner

Cop: Who is this guy?
Panama: This is Eddie Bartlett.
Cop: Well, how are you hooked up with him?
Panama: I could never figure it out.
Cop: What was his business?
Panama: He used to be a big shot.

Visit Grand Central Station and re-create the shoot out featured in Carlitos Way. Awesome!! :D :rock:

If it is The Roaring Twenties, then this was a standing lot at Warner Brothers.

From what I remember, there aren't too many steps outside St Patrick's.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm still no wiser so I guess I will ask around when I get there, I'm certain someone will have the answer or there maybe a "History of St Patricks" type book to be had.

Hey Ho!, cant wait, I've never been before:D

Portzy.

Does this ring a bell Portzy?
4hf6zc.jpg

The Roaring Twenties :)

I won't take 'No' for an answer...;)

Yes, thats the one but its not St Patricks is it? Looking at the SP's website it only has a few steps :( . Oh well, there goes my my chance to re-live a bit of history. I think I will still call in on the Sunday that I am there though after seeing the other "must see's".

Thanks mate :) .

Portzy.

portzy said:
Yes, thats the one but its not St Patricks is it?

No it isn't. The film was shot on the Warner lot on the East Coast.

Look; I said that on post #4 darnit :D :devil:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes you did. May I offer my most sincere and hearfelt apologies for not researching your answer properly before I commented.

This afternoon I shall be making a full and factual statement to The House about the events both leading up to and during this unfortunate lack of judgement by the member for Yorkshire (West). After which, I shall tender my resignation, cancel the remaining contents of diary, and leave the party forthwith.

:p :D

Portzy.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes you did. May I offer my most sincere and hearfelt apologies for not researching your answer properly before I commented.

This afternoon I shall be making a full and factual statement to The House about the events both leading up to and during this unfortunate lack of judgement by the member for Yorkshire (West). After which, I shall tender my resignation, cancel the remaining contents of diary, and leave the party forthwith.

:p :D

Portzy.

Such drastic action not required by the honourable gentleman; just enjoy your trip :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom