Jimmy Carr hasn't got off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluevenetian

Car
Midnight blue W124 estate
Looks like comedian Jimmy Carr and his famous defence lawyer Nick "Loophole" Freeman haven't done it this time.
Carr fined 300 pounds and 3 points after found guilty of speeding in his Bentley in Suffolk -- doing 50 in a 40 zone.
I assume he wld have got the points anyway.....

I dont understand why he bothered defending it. For 3 points and a small fine - It's not Switzerland!

Principle of the matter perhaps....:wallbash:

I hear what you're saying, surely his time is worth more to him than defending the indefensible though. Why bother?

His legal argument wasnt that he was wasnt speeding, or that he wasnt there at the time - just that the road name was not the same as the one that had the speed limit in place. It's an obscure technicality.

Jimmy Carr - speeding - guilty.

I laughed. That's unusual at anything involving Jimmy Carr.

I hear what you're saying, surely his time is worth more to him than defending the indefensible though. Why bother?

His legal argument wasnt that he was wasnt speeding, or that he wasnt there at the time - just that the road name was not the same as the one that had the speed limit in place. It's an obscure technicality.

Probably for the publicity and the cost wont come into it for a man of his wealth.

Because he may have 6 points already?

He travels 365 days a year, more or less, so not useful to be on 9.

True. I have been there many years ago in my young boy racer days and 9 is not a nice place to be

Point free now and have been for several years :) Must be a sign of getting old.

It's not like Carr couldn't afford a driver though if he did get a ban.

True. I have been there many years ago in my young boy racer days and 9 is not a nice place to be

Point free now and have been for several years :) Must be a sign of getting old.

It's not like Carr couldn't afford a driver though if he did get a ban.

Don't have to be a boy racer to have nine, I'm there now and I'm definitely not a boy.

Racer? maybe a little heavy footed.

Still, having nine points keeps the fuel consumption down.

Last edited:
I wonder how much the Lawyer cost him?:dk::crazy::doh:

£3k per hour of court time + expenses + all the pre work carried out by the practice, but really depends on the type and severity of the case. If you want to engage his services work on about £10k per day and you wont be far out :eek:

£3k per hour of court time + expenses + all the pre work carried out by the practice, but really depends on the type and severity of the case. If you want to engage his services work on about £10k per day and you wont be far out :eek:

Just to save a potential £300, yes stupid comes to mind.:doh:

That would be the only pragmatic reason I can think of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom