JL 13tw5 vs W3V3 MicroSub 8" ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A1EK

Car
Mercedes SL 3.7L AMG Speedshift - (Past: CLK 230, 190E, W201, W203)
So UPDATE.... !

As well as my JL 13tw5 V1 Shallow Sub in the trunk, I just bought W3V3 MicroSub 8" 500W Twin to fit behind my seats as I found with the roof down, the bass dropped.
I now have a predicament as the W3V3 is unbelievably good, better than the 13tw 5, it hits so hard, deep and strong, that I feel its all I need, I am in danger of saying I have too much bass !

Has anyone got experience on these two subs and which they feel they would keep?

I only have experience of the HO112-W6v3 and it is decent!

I would personally keep the W3V3 if you prefer the performance of it and you are making the choice.

I have JL 13TW5 in the trunk with customized box, calculated to produce better bass.
The difference in your setup is one is in the trunk and one is inside the cabin. Pretty sure the W3V3 has the advantage.
If you can somehow find someone to fabricate you a box for the 13TW5 in the cabin, I am pretty sure it will be better.
Just my opinion.

I have JL 13TW5 in the trunk with customized box, calculated to produce better bass.
The difference in your setup is one is in the trunk and one is inside the cabin. Pretty sure the W3V3 has the advantage.
If you can somehow find someone to fabricate you a box for the 13TW5 in the cabin, I am pretty sure it will be better.
Just my opinion.

Yeah I think your right.

I remember how easy it was to get bass into the car with old school hot hatchbacks and the lame parcel shelf you get.

Much harder with a booted saloon with a metal parcel shelf and all the other insulation etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom