Job advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
Number 2 son has been for an interview today with these people
They have asked him to go back tomorrow to "shadow" a salesman.

Doesn't all seem quite right to me. Anyone have any knowledge of them or what they actually do?

It's a guess, but I reckon they will be on the streets trying to catch passing pedestrian or at the entrance to a supermarket / services.

It's a guess, but I reckon they will be on the streets trying to catch passing pedestrian or at the entrance to a supermarket / services.

I agree. Is he looking for a job or a career?
If a career in sales is his aim then that would toughen him up for a future career and make him desirable to some sales managers. If it's just a job then there's less stressful ways to earn minimum wage/hours put in.

We serve companies by helping them deliver their sales and marketing campaigns across the East of England through the use of the ‘Human Commercial’ concept.
Sandwich boards?!

Be very careful! May be a scam to sell your son marketing training! Scam works like this.

They get you to sign up for "training" and the way to pay for this is cash [of course] and to sell "the product" to new "trainees" Needless to say any real cash generated disappears into the system.

I wondered if it is door knocking, trying to get people to change utility suppliers or similar.
He has been told that normal hours are 11:30am to 9:30pm
Had also wondered if they would try to sell him a training course

Last edited:
It's door to door selling. Googling them and Cobra reveals a whole load of dubious leads. Dead end if not actually a scam.

A quick google leads to several threads... none of them good I'm afraid!

Jpk Advertising - Dodgy Marketing Company - YOU WILL NOT BE A MANAGER ONE DAY!!! - Page 7 - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
BPM MARKETING...DO I TRUST? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers
What is BPM marketing? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

My advice would be for your son to call them back, and find out what form of compensation they plan on providing for the day. (or if he doesn't have time to waste, just tell them no-thank you)

I've never been to an interview where they wouldn't refund the transport to/from the office. If they expect your son to shadow someone, I assume he will be "working" for them essentially for a day.

Either that or stay away... I tend to like screwing around with scammers :p

M.

Thanks for the replies
Showed them to son & he has decided not to bother going tomorrow.

Chugging

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom