Job interview...

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
...last Friday daughter number 3 flew to London and attended an interview for a position in Great Ormond Street Hospital...rang her on Monday, she didn't get it...gutted.

Yesterday, email her for interview next Monday (£200 a pop for travel).

She rang them, thinking maybe a mistake, but it's for a different department. Would you imagine this is a good sign, or are they playing the numbers game?

malluboy77

SUPPORTER
Car
S204 250CGI Sport
I know that my interview travel + subsistence (reasonable) expenses are covered but capped. It's been so far at least. Haven't been for one in 2 1/2 years though. But I guess the regulations stay the same....Checked with HR?

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cayenne Turbo + TVR + Lexus GS430 Sport
I'd see that as very positive... best of luck to her...

malluboy77

SUPPORTER
Car
S204 250CGI Sport
Also I would guess a different interview would mean a different panel...

trapperjohn

MB Enthusiast
Car
124 300D 24V Estate
Good Luck to the lass. Turning up for the second interview shows guts and determination. Her CV got to the top of the pile again. Magic in its own self.
Nothing too special about long haul interviews. Candidates from the top of Scotland and the tip of Cornwall would face the same hurdles.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cayenne Turbo + TVR + Lexus GS430 Sport
Not crap Renault at all, just didnt fit into what they were looking for, however she may fit into this other role.... hence the referral within...

OP
OP
R

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
Thanks all, I tend to think its a good sign..we'll see.

OP
OP
R

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
I know that my interview travel + subsistence (reasonable) expenses are covered but capped. It's been so far at least. Haven't been for one in 2 1/2 years though. But I guess the regulations stay the same....Checked with HR?
What industry are you in?

malluboy77

SUPPORTER
Car
S204 250CGI Sport
Nobody does all interviews well..some click while some don't. Each panel member has a different view. I have been told their minds are set within the first 30 seconds of the candidate having walked in which is probably very much right. I got 'the job' i wanted in my fourth interview which took three years to happen.

I would look at the second email only with optimism. I agree travel is a pain but great ormond is not a bad place to have on the CV.

Good luck.

malluboy77

SUPPORTER
Car
S204 250CGI Sport
Sorry..I didn't see ur message. I am an insider within the NHS.

malluboy77

SUPPORTER
Car
S204 250CGI Sport
Just joking...Not that powerful yet!!

But having been working within the system for a while and trying to climb the ladder, I have seen the system and the way it runs. Thats all.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
But not a bad sign? If the first panel thought she was crap, they wouldn't have passed it over?
I doubt that's their thought process. I interviewed 10 candidates once and couldn't choose between 3 as they were all very good. So the two that lost out would never be described as crap.

OP
OP
R

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
I doubt that's their thought process. I interviewed 10 candidates once and couldn't choose between 3 as they were all very good. So the two that lost out would never be described as crap.
That's my point. She was good enough, but someone else got the job...so a second chance.

NOMONEYBUTAMERC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW X1 . Porsche 968 Boxster
Good luck to your daughter. Nothing odd about passing her C.V. to another department. She obviously made a good impression , so can attend her next interview with perhaps more confidence .
A friends daughter is a newly qualified doctor , and pretty much by word of mouth , has ended up with a job in Christchurch , very good money for a one year contract.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom