Job interview...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nothing odd about passing her C.V. to another department. She obviously made a good impression , so can attend her next interview with perhaps more confidence.

Indeed. I've interviewed candidates in the past, and thought "not exactly what I'm looking for, but.." and passed the details onto colleagues who were looking to recruit. Have had a couple of very successful placements like that. Good luck to your daughter.. keep chipping away at it.

Cheers,

Gaz

Thanks all. Interview arranged for next Friday when she's going to be in London on a prior engagement...result.

But not a bad sign? If the first panel thought she was crap, they wouldn't have passed it over?

It is quite possible that a few candidates were successful in their interviews, and one was chosen (sometimes at random!) because there was only one position in that particular department.

I know because at my work sometimes we end up with more than one suitable person, so we choose the one we like most, but we know that the another two or three that made the short-list are also good - and we then pass their CV around. We wouldn't pass the CV of anyone we thought was unsuitable.

So good sign then, and best of luck.

(shame about the travel costs though... )

Strangely... I interviewed someone just this afternoon... the candidate was not suitable for the department in which we have vacancy, but is very suitable for another department, in which we do not! I spoke to the department manager and he said that one guy might be leaving, I suggested that if this turns out to be the case then he calls the guy I interviewed today for second interview (for different department).

I know that my interview travel + subsistence (reasonable) expenses are covered but capped. It's been so far at least. Haven't been for one in 2 1/2 years though. But I guess the regulations stay the same....Checked with HR?

What industry are you in?

Same here - all my interviews so far (bar one when I left university) have have "reasonable travel expenses" paid.

The company I work for has the same policy. This is usually the cost of a tube ticket, or mileage, + a hotel the night before... but it's about giving all candidates an equal chance. It would be sad to see the best candidate not attend an interview because they live too far. I work in IT.

A friend of mine got interviewed by a very large IT firm... Thing is, she lives in Rome and the job was in Ireland... she got her flight & hotel paid for for the interview (and subsequently got the job).

M.

Very well done to her - good job she hasn't followed her dad in the brains dep't :D:D:D

Very well done to her - good job she hasn't followed her dad in the brains dep't :D:D:D

I bet her spelling and grammar are top-notch, as would befit the chief inspector of the spelling police. :p

Congratulations to your daughter, I hope everything works out for her.

Thats great news. Well done!

Congratulations to your daughter, and pleased to see that NHS management can also spot a good'un when they see one..

Cheers,

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom