Job interview...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
...last Friday daughter number 3 flew to London and attended an interview for a position in Great Ormond Street Hospital...rang her on Monday, she didn't get it...gutted.

Yesterday, email her for interview next Monday (£200 a pop for travel).

She rang them, thinking maybe a mistake, but it's for a different department. Would you imagine this is a good sign, or are they playing the numbers game?

I know that my interview travel + subsistence (reasonable) expenses are covered but capped. It's been so far at least. Haven't been for one in 2 1/2 years though. But I guess the regulations stay the same....Checked with HR?

Also I would guess a different interview would mean a different panel...

Good Luck to the lass. Turning up for the second interview shows guts and determination. Her CV got to the top of the pile again. Magic in its own self.
Nothing too special about long haul interviews. Candidates from the top of Scotland and the tip of Cornwall would face the same hurdles.

Not crap Renault at all, just didnt fit into what they were looking for, however she may fit into this other role.... hence the referral within...

Thanks all, I tend to think its a good sign..we'll see.

I know that my interview travel + subsistence (reasonable) expenses are covered but capped. It's been so far at least. Haven't been for one in 2 1/2 years though. But I guess the regulations stay the same....Checked with HR?

What industry are you in?

Nobody does all interviews well..some click while some don't. Each panel member has a different view. I have been told their minds are set within the first 30 seconds of the candidate having walked in which is probably very much right. I got 'the job' i wanted in my fourth interview which took three years to happen.

I would look at the second email only with optimism. I agree travel is a pain but great ormond is not a bad place to have on the CV.

Good luck.

Sorry..I didn't see ur message. I am an insider within the NHS.

Just joking...Not that powerful yet!!

But having been working within the system for a while and trying to climb the ladder, I have seen the system and the way it runs. Thats all.

But not a bad sign? If the first panel thought she was crap, they wouldn't have passed it over?

I doubt that's their thought process. I interviewed 10 candidates once and couldn't choose between 3 as they were all very good. So the two that lost out would never be described as crap.

I doubt that's their thought process. I interviewed 10 candidates once and couldn't choose between 3 as they were all very good. So the two that lost out would never be described as crap.

That's my point. She was good enough, but someone else got the job...so a second chance.

Good luck to your daughter. Nothing odd about passing her C.V. to another department. She obviously made a good impression , so can attend her next interview with perhaps more confidence .
A friends daughter is a newly qualified doctor , and pretty much by word of mouth , has ended up with a job in Christchurch , very good money for a one year contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom