Joining a dual carriageway or motorway

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
E55BOF said:
Oh, FFS. Here we go again... You missed a bit out, didn't you? What the man actually said was: "Those of us who manage to get about without giving thought to imaginary issues just get on with it with no drama, conflict, crashes or other incidence". I have three mirrors; I use all of them; I can and do look over both shoulders (when necessary) to be sure the way is clear before I change lanes; I don't usually indicate if there is no other traffic to benefit from my signal. I've never seen any accidents very close to me, either.
And you missed my point, which is that a lot of what many people think are "imaginary issues" are in fact real possibilities. Looking out for the less obvious, decoding the clues and planning are all parts of the thought processes that can considerably reduce the likelihood of incidents (or even "incidence") ranging from getting caught speeding to causing death. It's easy to look in mirrors, it appears in many cases to be harder to compute the information seen in them.

Reactions: 219
If only more of you were as chilled as I am these threads would not descend to playground level.

Just saying.:p

Does anyone have a view on how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

The roads would be a lot safer if the driving test included an IQ test and a pedantry test. Only those with an IQ of 110 or above and a pedantry rating of zero allowed, no more issues :thumb:

If only more of you were as chilled as I am these threads would not descend to playground level.

Just saying.:p

Hear hear. I think there are a lot of stressed guys here who could do with...ahem...some female company instead of knocking seven bells out of each other on here lol ;)

And as for Mr cb1965...you made me laugh a few posts ago. I shall be scanning your posts now for...what was it...borderline psychotic blah blah...don't think it'll take me long judging by your apparent demeanour.

I take great pride in my driving, took the IAM course, never having had an accident that was my fault (here we go... Lol) in almost 30 years of driving.

I never had the situation I described happen until this year, and as clearly stated, I had no right lane to move into, and the unfortunate situation occurred as described.

Call me crazy, but when my life is threatened like this, I wanted to see if others have encountered situations like this and how common this kind of thing was. I admit that trying to have a word with said driver was probably not the best idea, but we don't always behave like rational machines when our life is threatened.

E55BOF said:
Does anyone have a view on how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
Is that an attempt to put an end to a discussion about thoughtful driving because you don't think it's important? If so, unfortunately I think you may well be in the majority. :(

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/driv...8313-why-do-people-react-when-they-wrong.html

Maybe the driving test should also test for dangerous driving...leaving things to the last minute when driving a powerful car? ;)

Ah yes I forgot you and the other forum pedants were there that day.... oh no you weren't were you :D

Maybe I should have run the guy off the road and 'had word with him' :doh:

What is your IQ?

Mind your own business!

Hear hear. I think there are a lot of stressed guys here who could do with...ahem...some female company instead of knocking seven bells out of each other on here lol ;)

And as for Mr cb1965...you made me laugh a few posts ago. I shall be scanning your posts now for...what was it...borderline psychotic blah blah...don't think it'll take me long judging by your apparent demeanour.

I take great pride in my driving, took the IAM course, never having had an accident that was my fault (here we go... Lol) in almost 30 years of driving.

I never had the situation I described happen until this year, and as clearly stated, I had no right lane to move into, and the unfortunate situation occurred as described.

Call me crazy, but when my life is threatened like this, I wanted to see if others have encountered situations like this and how common this kind of thing was. I admit that trying to have a word with said driver was probably not the best idea, but we don't always behave like rational machines when our life is threatened.

Scanning my posts??? I'd get a life if I were you!

Ah yes I forgot you and the other forum pedants were there that day.... oh no you weren't were you :D

Maybe I should have run the guy off the road and 'had word with him' :doh:

Mind your own business!

Lol, I shall ignore everything you say.

I know my IQ, but are you sure yours is 110+ ? :p ;)

The roads would be a lot safer if the driving test included an IQ test and a pedantry test. Only those with an IQ of 110 or above and a pedantry rating of zero allowed, no more issues :thumb:

They'd certainly be quieter spaces.

Horrible weather this morning and thus, it seems, more traffic than usual on my 5 mile trip to work. I encountered nothing wrong however, I'm happy to report...though it does have to be said...someone did let me out of a side road...with no drama!

Call me a cynic, but this just isn't on.

Reactions: 219
Horrible weather this morning and thus, it seems, more traffic than usual on my 5 mile trip to work. I encountered nothing wrong however, I'm happy to report...though it does have to be said...someone did let me out of a side road...with no drama!

Call me a cynic, but this just isn't on.

The question is did they have to slow down to let you out as if so they are an idiot or whatever other moniker was deemed suitable for them by the MBClub Massive!

Suspect what you like , whatever keeps that tiny little brain entertained and away from running people off the road and 'having a word with them' :thumb:

As you race your V8 to an early grave trying to overtake...so long! : thumb:

Is that an attempt to put an end to a discussion about thoughtful driving because you don't think it's important? If so, unfortunately I think you may well be in the majority. :(

No, it is wryly highlighting the tendency on this forum for endless circular discussion, analysis and ultimately fairly pointless discussion of minor driving behaviours, which even I (and I bow to few when it comes to pedantry when there is a valid point to be made) eventually find tedious.

Of course, I may not do so when I eventually retire fully; time will tell.

In the meantime, get a life.

Last edited:
I'm happy to report...though it does have to be said...someone did let me out of a side road...with no drama!

Oh, that was me :thumb:. I only did though to get a mench on the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom