Joining the fold!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisHGTV

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E250 Avantgarde Estate, Alfa GTV V6, Vespa, Ducati, many bicycles...
Hello all!

Firstly, what a great forum this is, I’ve already learnt a lot so many thanks! I joined the Mercedes fold last May when I bought an E250 Avantgarde S212 to replace the family hack Mondeo. I’d always fancied one and it’s been absolutely perfect for what I use it for. My wife and I are keen cyclists and often take the bikes to Italy, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium...if we go further we generally fly! Biggest run so far has been Guildford to the Massif Central. The car was seemingly built for it, just effortless.

So far I’ve been doing some detailing, though it’s almost mint (Tanzanite Blue with Alpaca Grey Leather). I also fitted some rear mud flaps (Rallyarmour ones), some new pale grey OE mats (keeping as a special occasions set!), refurbed the callipers and a few servicing bits. Other than that just really enjoying the waft along comfort.

I’m a bit of an Italophile and the other non-human powered vehicles are an Abarth 500 (wife’s), Alfa GTV V6 with a few mods, Vespa 125 and Ducati 750SS but I can feel myself also becoming a bit of a Mercophile!

Welcome to the forum Chris:thumb:

Welcome to the forum, sounds like u have quite a collection. Which GTV is it you have, From the 80's or 90's?? I have an 1983 Alfetta myself as I like most makes & models.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Welcome Chris from another Chris, not got any Italian exotica though.

Hello and welcome

Welcome Chris,I had some italian exotica some years ago but she left me.

Welcome to the forum Chris!

My last piece of Italian motoring was a Maserati Quattroporte which I miss on a daily basis...

Welcome to the forum, sounds like u have quite a collection. Which GTV is it you have, From the 80's or 90's?? I have an 1983 Alfetta myself as I like most makes & models.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Ah the Alfetta’s are wonderful, the Alfetta GTV6 was my childhood dream car! I’ve had a few Alfa’s; I started with an Alfasud Sprint Cloverleaf, then a 33 P4, then the 2 litre GTV before the V6. I also had a Fiat Coupe 20VT. We did a great road trip through parts of Europe in the GTV V6 for my 40th; 9 countries in 9 days and got some photos outside the factory in Arese. Though my GTV was actually built by Pininfarina, however the engine was built at Arese! I’ve always just loved Alfa’s! Have you been to the museum? I guess there must be a Mercedes museum somewhere, will have to research...

Welcome to the forum Chris!

My last piece of Italian motoring was a Maserati Quattroporte which I miss on a daily basis...

The Quattroporte has to be the most iconic Maser road car I think. Of the modern cars it looks by far the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom