joining the Mercedes ranks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveatpipex

Car
CLK 270 and BMW Z4 with a VFR750 sadly off the road
Hi All,

Well I've took the plunge and moved from the massed ranks of BMW 3 series to a CLK 270d 05/55 coupe. The car is well specced (including COMAND) and I've bought it from Mercedes Direct - anybody any experience with them?

After 4 BMW's it was a big leap for me to move to a different marque - is it a sign of old age creeping in you think? :p

I pick it up over the Easter weekend so countdown begins :bannana:

I hope to be a regular visitor to these pages - seems full of good advice.

Just thought I'd say hi!

cheers
Steve

welcome - i have been a member here some time and am continually amazed how much real and true advise is available from knowledgeable friendly and sincere people - enough to make you want to blubber :bannana: best get an early night tho - that will be another sleep gone till it arrives

Welcome aboard Steve,

I too moved from 3 SERIES to a Merc.

good luck & enjoy

Welcome Steve, and good luck with your new purchase. :)

p.s. I did own a 1971 BMW 2000 at one time.
;)

Last edited:
MangoMan said:
Welcome Steve, and good luck with your new purchase. :)

p.s. I did own a 1971 BMW 2000 at one time.
;)

Welcome!!

Yes i had the 2002.

steveatpipex said:
After 4 BMW's it was a big leap for me to move to a different marque - is it a sign of old age creeping in you think? :p

No, not old age. Just good taste.

The 5-cylinder is a lovely engine, with a nice, er, 5-cylinder warble to it when it's on song. Hope you're happy.

Mercedes Direct. Hmmm. Haven't been too impressed with them myself, but as long as you're happy, that's the main thing.

Nice to see another convertee. Its all to do with Class. No old mans car but a mans classic :D

Mercedes Direct (London) are awful in my experience - but so long as your happy with the car!

Having been on both sides of the fence (and just climbing back over this side again currently!) I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy the new car :)

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom