Joint club GTG, yours views.

Should we do a joint GTG

• YES, the more the better.

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • NO, keep it exclusive to us.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Graham C230K - can you please help to clarify - this other "forum" you are referring to - is this the MBOA [Mercedes Benz Owners Association] or the MBOC [Mercedes Benz Owners Club] ?

Many Thanks !

Originally posted by mbzslk230k
Graham C230K - can you please help to clarify - this other "forum" you are referring to - is this the MBOA [Mercedes Benz Owners Association] or the MBOC [Mercedes Benz Owners Club] ?

Many Thanks !

MBOA.

Just my personal opinion!

OK Graham - Thanks ... As you know well urself, the MBOA is NOT a club in the true sense but a marketing company that had a publishing contract with the MBOC until we decided to go for another publishing deal ...

The unwary public gets duped into thinking that MBOA is a Club and join up only to discover that NO events whatsoever is organised or available ...

I hope that I can try and establish a link from the MBOC to yourselves - I like what I see on your forum and the contributors have very much in common ...

Two weeks ago, we organised a visit to Bremen and then to Brabus ! What a trip ! Next year, we are hoping to do REIMS and I hope to be able to organise a visit to Stuttgart and Nurburgring combined ...

I notice that you guys are off to a GTG in Germany - where in Germany is this being held and for how many days/nights ? My German is non existent so cant even read the weblink !!

Originally posted by mbzslk230k
OK Graham - Thanks ... As you know well urself, the MBOA is NOT a club in the true sense but a marketing company that had a publishing contract with the MBOC until we decided to go for another publishing deal ...

The unwary public gets duped into thinking that MBOA is a Club and join up only to discover that NO events whatsoever is organised or available ...

I hope that I can try and establish a link from the MBOC to yourselves - I like what I see on your forum and the contributors have very much in common ...

Two weeks ago, we organised a visit to Bremen and then to Brabus ! What a trip ! Next year, we are hoping to do REIMS and I hope to be able to organise a visit to Stuttgart and Nurburgring combined ...

I notice that you guys are off to a GTG in Germany - where in Germany is this being held and for how many days/nights ? My German is non existent so cant even read the weblink !!

Cool, I'm glad my comments were not taken offensivly. I was not really aware of excactly the link between MBOA and the Official MBOC, but thanks for clearing up.

Can't speak for myself but getting involved with the MBOC sounds good, as long as we our moto "A non profit club run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts" is remembered.

A first years membership of MBOC is £35.

We already have a thriving forum, a sharing of contacts for parts, servicing and insurance and we organise our our mettings (who anyone can sign up and attend) etc etc, all for free apart from those who run, maintain and moderate the sites own time and effort.

Don't want to sound uninterested, but what can MBOC offer? I fear any real link between the two would involve a cost or the MBOC are not going to be happy.

Perhaps our main man Koolvin will add his comments soon.

The German GTG:

A two day event (Sat/Sun) in Harsewinkel, Germany.

Some pics from last year to a taste/idea of scale:

http://193.63.6.63/koolvin/benz/holland/index.htm

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1791

http://www.in-party.de/harsewinkel/

@mbzslk230k, what are you proposing?

I know all about Owen Newman Publications "Club" - the MB Owners Association. This community was formed as a direct consequence of one of their actions (in a nutshell: They never grave credit to images published that were taken by us and they claimed they organised the event)

For the moment Im happy in devoting my time and resources into this site where it has become a place where I can just get away from things, hang out with my virtual buddies, we not really here to compete with anyone or make any profits, all the people whom help out here do it because they are enthused by the marque.

In a short time we have become what I believe the most active WEB Mercedes community in the UK - unlike MBOA where people just come to post a question and then disapear forever. Our members and readership base is growing everyday!

oh yeah we got a secret weapon too ;)

Koolvin/Graham C230K - not proposing anything at the mo' ... I know exactly how you guys feel - free spirit and all that ... no membership fees etc. These "clubs" should be as politics-free as possible and definitely non-profit making... the confusion between MBOA and MBOC is unhealthy for us !

I am only the SE Region EVENTS Organiser for the MBOC [since 1 Jan 2003] and my main aim is to get as many members out to club events as possible by providing a varied events calendar... Also, just yourselves, keen to get more of the MBOC community to use the WEB... My fellow area rep and myself collectively set up this year's Club visit to MB factory in Bremen and Brabus... what a fantastic event and we even hooked up with the SLK Friends Club in Bottrop !

Perhaps we can hook up sometime [eg at the August GTG] and have a chat about "life" ... I know that my Chairman (Ian Keers) had made contact with yourselves previously ... I am hoping that I can get him to come along as well ...

I am happy to continue keeping an informal relationship with yourselves through GTGs and informal meets ... less formality and more fun fun fun !!! Thats my primary aim !! I have a number of informal forum meets [IFMs] planned for this year - I will post them here if anyone is interested to join other similar minded folks who luv the 3-pointed star !

Good luck with your GTG to Germany - unfortunate that I found this out too late [other commitments planned] else would have loved to join up !! :bannana:

Last edited:
<Sigh> Count me in as one of the few (many?) who didn't know the story of MBOA. I've just (last week!) joined MBOA as I'm due a 50k B service next week and thought I could get a discount by flashing a MBOA card (and a Halifax MB credit card :D ).

So, maybe the MBOC would be better?? I did look at the MBOC website, but if I remember correctly, you can't view the forums unless you're a paid-up member?

Cheers

Andrew

IMHO

I think this forum is great, just like its American equivelent BNZSPORT, i think there is a wealth of information availible here and every member has his\her input. i think that giving the people and option on what forums to join and view is good to...i would keep them seperate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom