Joint club GTG, yours views.

Should we do a joint GTG

• YES, the more the better.

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • NO, keep it exclusive to us.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul

Car
2011 E220
After the success of todays (Sun 11/5/03) GTG, I posted some photos on the MB Owners Club forum site.

They have asked if we would be interested in doing a joint informal GTG at some point in the future.

A few of them do occassionally submit to this site already.

Some of them dont really like the idea of attending a purely MBOC GTG as they do seem a bit of the flat cap brigade, but they like our type of GTG were by no-one cares what state your car is in and you dont get looked down on because your car isnt a 30 yr old classic.

I think with the members we have that make this forum work, the general attitude is that the more the merrier. As long as people sign-up and participate whether to post or just read the forums we are happy.

That is my view anyway and I'm sure that of others.

You have to wonder though whether people are giving loyalty to the wrong forum! I think a certain forum mention above is on life-support being artificially kept alive from a few old members who wont let go!

EDIT: Talking about MBOA in case of any confusion.

Last edited:
sounds like a good idea to us.

To appease the "cloth cap brigade" and to do a bit of advertising for our home town

http://www.bexhill100.co.uk/

makes for a good day out - over the last few years it's an event that has got out of hand with hundreds of thousands of people visiting. This year promises to be different - on a much smaller scale and with more emphasis on the motoring heritage although local car clubs will be in attendance. It would make for a nice day out at the seaside and a good place for people to get together in a relaxed atmosphere.

Andy and annie

Dear all,

I have been asked to help arrange a big GTG between us and the MBOC, if we can get this of the ground it could be a very well advertised event with lots of people attending.

Is everyone up for it, please let met me know so we can gauge response.

?[/CPaul - can you help me to organise a BIG GTG between MBOC and MBCLUB UK as an IFM ?

1998 Yellowstone SLK230K
MBOC South East Region Events Co-ordinator
My webpage is here http://hometown.aol.co.uk/mbzslk230k/myhomepage/newsletter.html
OLOR]

I'd definitely like to come to a GTG but it depends on the location. Anything M25 or below is a fair trek from Scotland.

Where did you have them in the past?

Right, then as the general response is YES then I will start to get the ball rolling. I will speak to the MBOC S.E events organiser and we will try to get this going.
If anyone has ideas or suggestions then PLEASE, PLEASE share them.
Thanks.

If you wanted somewhere in the south east, then your free to use my place again.

Heh, thanks Matt thats really nice of you. I will put offer to others.
How many cars do you think we could get parked there.
And tell your Dad to keep his car out of site!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by andy_k
http://www.bentley.org.uk/

good day out for families/owners/car nuts etc

and they regularly host events.

Andy

That is quite a way south for anyone coming down from the north or midlands.

I've been to Gaydon before which has a big car park and is a good location.

Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon
http://www.heritage.org.uk/
Just off Jnct 12 M40

Originally posted by Koolvin
Maffs place is a perfect location IMO

Yes can get to Maff's easy enough.

Thanks Paul for posting my request ...

I think it would be a great event to try and see if we can bring fellow Merc enthusiasts together even if they belong to different "clubs". After all, we all share the same love for the 3-pointed star !!

The MBOC does have an external reputation for being a "Classic Car" club although this is NOT what it is ! For me, I do not own a classic Merc, I am into the more modern Mercs from 1990 onwards...

My greatest love is my Yellowstone SLK [not necessarily evryone's favourite color] ...

I hope that we can make this proposed GTG a great success !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom