juddering over small holes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldfart

Car
mb 240 avantgarde estate
can any one offer advice?mb avantgarde estate 240..2002...last set of tyres although worn perfectly wore out in less than three months,tracking and laser alignment was perfect,judders over small holes in road,suspension seems ok,no broken springs no leaking shocks....very skittish in very wet roads......any ideas?thanks...

wearing tyres out too quickly

Thanks for input,tyres were correctly inflated,just had laser allignment done by top company,not enough adjst to worry about,,,,still need an answer,or shares in dunlop....:doh:

If all else correct, then the obvious question here is which tyres did you have on?

3 months. wow, how many miles had you done and were they the rears or fronts that had worn that quickly ???

3 months? It might be better to tell us how many miles that was...you could be a high miler and done 15000 in that time...were you?

In addition to the questions above -
Did all 4 wear out completely even?
Did you rotate them?
Have bushes been checked for play?
Do you carry a lot of weight in the back?

That's a fairly broad statement...any facts to back that up? Mine isn't skittish in the least.

In what form would you like the facts? A road test maybe?

Having worked on Mercedes for 15 years I find "on certain roads" Mercedes to be quite skittish.

None of my mercs have ever been skittish.
Any skittishness sounds like underperforming shock absorbers.
... Although I don't see how iffy shocks could cause such-excessive tyre wear.

to all who gave advice

obvious now that i know,but the mileage was 5000 only,dunlop sp sport.both rear shocks,not gone or showing leaks,were found to be at fault,yet the tyres taken off for replacement showed even wear across the tread,which surprised the tyre company when i told them...thanks for all your help,all who replied.in particular the comment that showed the way,ref shocks...many thanks:bannana:

Shocks probably "Genuine Counterfeit Bilstein " manufactured by the Wang Lee Fook Manufacturing company of Ding Dong Province PRC

Shocks probably "Genuine Counterfeit Bilstein " manufactured by the Wang Lee Fook Manufacturing company of Ding Dong Province PRC

That's not the outfit run by Mr Ho Fook Yu, is it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom