juddering windscreen wipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had and A4 and now with W212 they both use frameless wiper , both juddering mad no matter what to put on the screen except soapy liquid .
My other cars use traditional metal frame d wiper works flawlessly even with Rain-X, I believe it is the problem of the design, the tranditional design is rather flat or in straight line shape but the frameless design has huge curve along the blade, when landing on the screen both end has exceesive down force produces exceesive friction.
If there is a flatter frameless design, problem should be fixed.

I had and A4 and now with W212 they both use frameless wiper , both juddering mad no matter what to put on the screen except soapy liquid .
My other cars use traditional metal frame d wiper works flawlessly even with Rain-X, I believe it is the problem of the design, the tranditional design is rather flat or in straight line shape but the frameless design has huge curve along the blade, when landing on the screen both end has exceesive down force produces exceesive friction.
If there is a flatter frameless design, problem should be fixed.

My wipers are premo Bosch traditional metal framed ones (as shown)bosch blade.jpg and the driver's side still judders like hell, not sure the design is that critical as on my old Celica GT4, I use cheapo Ebay ones, of the 'frameless' variety, and they work 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom